Thoughts on the "high mag" tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not panic buying cause the weird ammo has disappeared too.
I wanted another box of 9mm Flobert (made by Fiocchi) and it's all disappeared. Just how many people suddenly want some?

no...new gun owners just bought up the flobert thinking it would work in their glock 17 because it said 9mm

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a man in the building where i worked and he had done some shady stuff.The feds came in and removed everything from his offices and put it in 2 moving trucks. The FBI guy told me that if you lie to a federal officer that is a felony.The criminal in my building got his 3rd felony for lying to the feds.All this to say if there is a lawyer on here what should a person say if someone comes asking about the high cap mags or black rifles that some own?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a man in the building where i worked and he had done some shady stuff.The feds came in and removed everything from his offices and put it in 2 moving trucks. The FBI guy told me that if you lie to a federal officer that is a felony.The criminal in my building got his 3rd felony for lying to the feds.All this to say if there is a lawyer on here what should a person say if someone comes asking about the high cap mags or black rifles that some own?
"I would like to assert my fifth amendment rights."

Oh, sorry you said a lawyer

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they ignore the 2nd Amendment rights do you think they would still honor the 5th Amendment rights?
The OP asked a sincere question about what you should say if you are asked about potentially illegal mags. I think his question was based on Biden's stated position on what he wants to do, and concern that lying about what you have might constitute a felony under those circumstances. That's a very real possibility... no one so far has proposed abolishing the fifth amendment. You could also just as well say "I'm not answering any questions" or "I want to speak to my attorney". None of those answers divulge any information, and they are not lies.

If we are assuming that NO rights are being recognized, then at that point it doesn't matter what you tell them. They're going to do whatever they're going to do to you anyway. Does that help answer the OP's question at all?

I know we have some lawyers around, hopefully one of them will still weigh in.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OP asked a sincere question about what you should say if you are asked about potentially illegal mags. I think his question was based on Biden's stated position on what he wants to do, and concern that lying about what you have might constitute a felony under those circumstances. That's a very real possibility... no one so far has proposed abolishing the fifth amendment. You could also just as well say "I'm not answering any questions" or "I want to speak to my attorney". None of those answers divulge any information, and they are not lies.

If we are assuming that NO rights are being recognized, then at that point it doesn't matter what you tell them. They're going to do whatever they're going to do to you anyway. Does that help answer the OP's question at all?

I know we have some lawyers around, hopefully one of them will still weigh in.

I agree with your comments. I was just being facetious and should have used a [emoji3].

Latest posts

Top Bottom