Thoughts on the "high mag" tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I think about this, the more I am starting to believe this whole gun control "plan" is just the Sleepy Joe team pandering to the grabbers. Think about the logistics of trying to round up all the 10+ mags out there, not to mention the AR's and AK's and other weapons of war. When a country can't even control the availability of toilet paper, (and with so many confused as to which restroom to use) how do you think it can accomplish the pipe dream which is apparently Biden's gun control plan? The wisdom is that wars are won through sound logistics more than anything else. If that is true, and I believe it to be so, crippling the ammo supply through excessive taxation or other means known to the more nefarious amongst us is easier than trying to round 'em (guns and high cap mags) all up.

I've said this before in other threads, but I feel the need to say it again...I took an oath to support and defend the constitution...and that oath has no expiration date. The 2A was put there for exactly this kind of ridiculous crap.

I took an oath very similar when I became a commissioned LEO.

All enemies, foreign or DOMESTIC.

It isn't hyperbole, this is a war on the Constitution and the citizens of this country that will not submit to the socialization of our economy and the nationalization of private business and individual assets.

We better be ready. You better have it in your head that you will not submit, and to what lengths you will push your resistance. We should be prepared to act on our convictions, or be prepared to lose our liberty and country.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a man in the building where i worked and he had done some shady stuff.The feds came in and removed everything from his offices and put it in 2 moving trucks. The FBI guy told me that if you lie to a federal officer that is a felony.The criminal in my building got his 3rd felony for lying to the feds.All this to say if there is a lawyer on here what should a person say if someone comes asking about the high cap mags or black rifles that some own?

But seriously, here's your answer from both an attorney and a cop:

As for further onerous gun laws, the left can and will attempt to pass them. Whether they pass will depend on the most spineless of the GOP swamp dwellers. Isn't that a comforting thought?

Keep in mind, door to door confiscation was never the goal. The left doesn't actually want to curb crime, even if they believed seizing all the double digit capacity mags would do that. The goal was always to make you a criminal, so that you'd fear them even more than you already do. Control is the goal, through any means necessary.

IF you manage to skyline yourself to them, possession of a dozen or more "illegal" magazines would give them a dozen or more additional charges to stack on your chest, so you'll roll over and plead out. The deck is already stacked against you anyway. They know it and so does your criminal defense attorney, who will be advising you to take the plea deal.

This was always the goal, not actually getting the mags and guns.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took an oath very similar when I became a commissioned LEO.

All enemies, foreign or DOMESTIC.

It isn't hyperbole, this is a war on the Constitution and the citizens of this country that will not submit to the socialization of our economy and the nationalization of private business and individual assets.

We better be ready. You better have it in your head that you will not submit, and to what lengths you will push your resistance. We should be prepared to act on our convictions, or be prepared to lose our liberty and country.

Why does this rate that comment, and not the countless other infringements over the years? (seriously)

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@jakeman - please explain.

Where did I say that the countless other infringements over the years didn't deserve the same comment? Seriously, can you show me where I said they didn't? I'll wait.

The far left has been at war with the Constitution for about as long as I can remember. It just takes some longer to wake up to the reality of it than it does others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did I say that the countless other infringements over the years didn't deserve the same comment? Seriously, can you show me where I said they didn't? I'll wait.

The far left has been at war with the Constitution for about as long as I can remember. It just takes some longer to wake up to the reality of it than it does others.

I can't show you that, and I'm not trying to attack you. I have heard many LEOs (some that I count as friends) say they won't enforce these unconstitutional laws. Sheriffs, police have been on the media saying these coming laws will not be enforced.

My question is - why now? Which laws will you refuse to enforce? If you pull over a guy with a full-auto, or a sawed-off shotgun, do you report it? Today, or only when Biden gets in?

Are sawed-off shotguns verboten, but 30-round mags OK? Who makes that call? Seriously, where is the line?

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those agents were from the e BLM. Bureau of land management.
I was talking about the other BLM types, bud.

The ones that murdered, raped people, took control and destroyed millions of dollars worth of private and state property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom