Thousands of tons of radioactive material found in BA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the article it may be over 50,000 tons of material.

And the biggest threat is Radon gas formed by the radioactive decay.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like the area my mom calls "the Coal Dumps." She warned us not to buy property in that area; my brother was looking at a house near there, but it failed the inspection due to foundation issues.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article: “The contaminant in concern is Thorium 232, which is a naturally occurring radioactive element,” Robertson said. “It is not all that radioactive. You can hold it in your hand. It is not warm, it doesn’t glow, none of that stuff.”
regan-quote-1.jpg

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to see the data if there is a "cancer cluster" there...this is exactly why the far right and the far left both oppose nuclear power plants...the spent fuel must be stored and it causes cancer and disease or even extinction level events if the rods can't be cooled long enough. The business class establishment and the military industrial complex love it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gov't did it. I remember we used to see a semi or two in a convoy coming out of downtown. 2 or 3 black suv's in front and 2 or 3 in back hauling ass down the BA Expressway on a regular basis back in the late 80's
My old business partner who was ex-cia/mil said it was nuclear waste going somewhere.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So does this mean we can make a class action lawsuit to biden's pet freak of nature Sam Brinton since it is supposed to be in charge of nuclear disposal???? :popcorn:

Latest posts

Top Bottom