Thousands of tons of radioactive material found in BA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard a report that the city council was made aware of this by the EPA as far back as 2017. If this is correct and they continued to allow development in that area, the city may be in for a world of hurt. A woman who was interviewed on the news that was a resident in that area back then recalled how she saw two men out walking in the area with geiger counters. She walked up to them and asked what they were doing. They said they were checking for radiation, but she didn't elaborate any further like asking why the hell are you looking for radiation near my neighborhood.
In this report they said they have known since 2012 and it has a concrete like consistency. This is just a few miles away I think i will get my geiger counter and carry it with me from now on

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/r...ow-elementary-school-neighborhood/ar-AA151KSj

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So 10 years at least of Radon gas wafting through the breeze. Lovely. It could me much longer from the date they first started dumping there. I wonder how all the excavators and haulers are feeling these days?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So 10 years at least of Radon gas wafting through the breeze. Lovely. It could me much longer from the date they first started dumping there. I wonder how all the excavators and haulers are feeling these days?
When I lived on the east side of the state, the wind never blew, everyone should be fine lol :) :)

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.epa.gov/radon/why-must-radon-be-vented-air-above-my-homes-roof
If I understand the topography of the area correctly, there is a drainage ditch that runs through the area that then flows down through a residential area. With Radon gas being 7.5 times heavier than air, this would have rolled down the slope of the land and through the neighborhood as well. Maybe the wind dispersed it most of the time, but it can get quite calm at night. I hope there has been no exposure of consequence to the residents there, but their property values have just taken a hit.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wikipedia says Thorium 232 has a half life of 14 billion years. So, Should be getting cleaned up right about that time.

Guess in time it will decay into Radium-228 then eventually lead lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom