Threaded barrel and compensator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a G20 for a woods gun and have looked into a threaded barrel and compensator , any of you guys run anything like this? Is it a waste of money? Can you run a compensator with hard cast lead??
Started looking at the barrel for lead bullets but the more reading I do the more I think I can find a good 200 grain lead load that will handle any of the creatures( short of big foot, hunting lease is in Hanobia and those folks are quite the believers) that I will run into in Oklahoma.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have no experience with comps on a pistol, much less with hard cast lead. You might try at some of the competition forums, I know a lot of competition shooters run them in open divisions. They also run a lot of lead/coated/plated bullets for cost. So overlap between comp usage and cast bullets is more likely to be found there.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You can run lead through, but it will get clogged up pretty quick, and it'll be louder than you may want for a woods gun.

Thank you!! I pretty much clean my guns after every shooting trip and loud is not an issue. Got the 10mm for a back up around the camp and scouting the hunting lease. Have black bear and that would be the only thing I would shoot with it, if getting charged, unless the hunting gods smiled on me and deer walked right by me !

Latest posts

Top Bottom