Three Angels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of good information on those RV forums just like here for firearm knowledge. The 5th wheel I have now has a water connection to the black tank which sprays inside the tank during dumping. The previous RV (travel trailer) did not have that. One tip I learned with the previous RV - dump your ice into the toilet to let it “slosh” around on the way to a dump station. That did a great job of cleaning the tank and tank sensors.

The only drawback to that idea is that one is traveling with extra weight in their RV. Of course, if one is not full-timing in the RV, then the weight might not be a problem.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
LOL - After posting I thought I’ve really high jacked Darren’s thread. Most were Yamaha street bikes. However, the one that caught my eye was a Honda Trail 90. I use to terrorize the jack rabbits on my grandfathers farm with his Honda Trail 70.
Nah, in this case anything to do with trailer tire prep/safety/repair is all good!

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't read all the posts. Just remember the good deeds, and pay it forward. Ran out of fuel while sailing in Maine, and a fisherman hooked us up with enough fuel to get us to our next port. They refused our money. They said the only way to pay someone back was to tie the money to a rock, toss it into their cabin, and race away. :) I even had someone in Idaho loan me, and my buddies a car so we didn't have to cancel our trip. I truly believe that what comes around goes around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt there is usually something that needs work / repair on an RV. I know it is a drive for you, but If you need repair service beyond your capability, I recommend Kjelshus RV repair in OKC. I, and several friends, have taken RVs to Gary and have been pleased. He is not a “drop it off and hope you get it back in a couple of months” RV repair center. He will schedule to drop it off when he can start work on it. Repairs for us have been quick, honest, and reasonable. It’s a small shop and a little quirky but the guy is honest, friendly, and definitely knows what he is doing. If you go, ask about his vintage motorcycle restoration hobby.

Very cool info. I'll take advantage of that shop if the need arises. I've heard horror stories of the factory repair centers taking months to repair a simple issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom