Three Years With a Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I'm aware of them, but thanks for bringing this up. I think a lot of folks go this route, but I haven't done so myself, because the mag spring is designed for and supposed to feed 6 rounds, not 8. Now I also know that you can now get a new spring for the 8 rounders though. Again; I haven't bothered. I really don't want to lengthen my grip any with this pistol.
I know a few people had concerns about the springs. They work just find with the +2 base plates. My cousins wife is running them with her 43 and they work just fine.

As for the extended grip, I can understand that.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes! I knew someone had the mag kits with an extended spring. Imma try one of those out. And thanks for liking my review fellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember reading your reviews about your ugly little pistol. I would have had it cerakote a couple of years ago. I actually purchased a Glock 43 after reading your first review. I have enjoyed reading your reviews about holsters a triggers for the Glock 43. It would be great if we had a section dedicated to reviewing shooting related items. I would rather read what an average guy thinks about a product versus reading an actual paid for by the manufacturer.​

Let’s go with that poll you talked about earlier okay? We need some evidence to show that the members would like a “product review section” added.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, even though I said that I am cool with the Glock 43's 6+1 capacity; I went ahead and ordered a Vickers/Tango Down +2 mag extension with the longer spring for it. I guess I do need to try it out, and Midway USA has them on sale right now for a lousy $8.99, and that is cheap! This will give me 8+1 in my G43, just 2 shy of the Sig P235 and its 10+1. Good enough, for now anyway. I also ordered an X-Grip Adapter and a Glock 20 15-round magazine to use in my Glock 29, so I'll be able to leave the house with 15+1 of Underwood's 180 gr BJHP nearly-nuclear rounds. Kinda renders the discussion about the micro-9's moot...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, even though I said that I am cool with the Glock 43's 6+1 capacity; I went ahead and ordered a Vickers/Tango Down +2 mag extension with the longer spring for it. I guess I do need to try it out, and Midway USA has them on sale right now for a lousy $8.99, and that is cheap! This will give me 8+1 in my G43, just 2 shy of the Sig P235 and its 10+1. Good enough, for now anyway. I also ordered an X-Grip Adapter and a Glock 20 15-round magazine to use in my Glock 29, so I'll be able to leave the house with 15+1 of Underwood's 180 gr BJHP nearly-nuclear rounds. Kinda renders the discussion about the micro-9's moot...
Pffft. S&W gen 1 9mm with taran tactical gives 22 rounds in the mag. Not as compact, but if round count because you can't shoot is important, that is the way to go.
We all know round count is the primary reason for buying a gun, not accuracy.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pffft. S&W gen 1 9mm with taran tactical gives 22 rounds in the mag. Not as compact, but if round count because you can't shoot is important, that is the way to go.
We all know round count is the primary reason for buying a gun, not accuracy.

Very true Dennis; and that’s why I’m okay, as I said, with 6+1. I’ll check that +2 extender out as a range toy though. And I must caveat what you said about round count being all important and add in size. It’s the smallest you can make with the biggest number of rounds you can cram in it that says it all.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll be buying more of those Vickers/TD +2s. Like I said, all of my G43 mags wear 'em and it's the pistol I've chosen to protect myself and the citizens I've sworn to serve.

I have to have at least a couple of the flat bases so I can pocket carry the thing though too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom