Thumb drives, music & automobiles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you put music on a thumb drive for use in your vehicle ?

If you do how many songs?
Is there anyway to divide it in to albums with more than one per drive?

It seems that after about 25 songs the drives are a bit difficult to use.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tether my hearing aids to the vehicle USB port to stream whatever Is on my phone with a cable that charges the phone at the same time, or use Bluetooth to play.

maximus

Maximus
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have over 20,000 on mine.... and love it some vehicles/manufacturers have different os sytems ... my 2019 honda that i now have requires me to click on folders where i have then alphabetized all a" in one folder, etc b's so many beatles songs....

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're sure come a long way from making a mix tape on cassette.

And this! A record playing turntable:

A3BD655E-18FD-439D-B644-9814698C2705.jpeg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've gotten lazy, even though I have 1000's of songs I own, and both vehicles allow input from memory devices, I just use Spotify with Carplay in our vehicles. Wife's car does have storage that I loaded up for her years ago. It plays before we get one of our phones connected.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use SD cards in vehicles. Have about 600 on 2 or 3 cards. My other choice is bluetooth my phone to the vehicle and use Iheart radio for any genera I want ( mostly 60's and 70's)

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A tip for spotify users, Spotify just this year made their first profit. If they go under, or (more likley) lose their contract for your favorite music, you're out of luck. Just this week i found Sidify, that lets you dowload all your playlists to your hard drive (that you back up!), then you can install jellyfin on your computer, Finamp on your phone, and play them from your house computer anywhere on the planet.
Pretty neat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom