Thumbs Up to Little Mike's Hamburgers 6724 Northwest Expy OKC (405) 773-9997

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It has gotten that way around here also.

For my first outing after being at home for three weeks recovering from being ill, I met a buddy of mine at the famous Hamburger King that has been an institution here in Shawnee since 1927 by making old fashioned burgers.

They are now using pre-made frozen soy burger patties apparently.

It was a very sad thing to find out. I will no longer be recommending it as a must visit burger joint anymore.

I need to try Little Mike's but I rarely get to the big city anymore.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went there for a cheeseburger and fries.

Funny thing, they have anti demonrat political cartoons plastered everywhere and they were packed!

Didn't think to take pictures of the food I was too hungry.

Good stuff Maynard!
View attachment 219306
Sounds like my kind of place. If in Tulsa the best hamburger in town are found at Bill's Jumbo Hamburgers. A little stand with about 4 stools, and a couple of tables out side, but absolutely great hamburgers! only open for lunch during the week.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just went there for a cheeseburger and fries.

Funny thing, they have anti demonrat political cartoons plastered everywhere and they were packed!

Didn't think to take pictures of the food I was too hungry.

Good stuff Maynard!
View attachment 219306

We haven't been there in quite a while. Thanks for the reminder -- we need to go back. 😘

I remember back in the day when Little Mike’s used to advertise on KTOK’s Mike McCarville’s talk radio show. They also used to run TV ads too. I really miss Mike McCarville and Mark Shannon.

Last edited:

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like my kind of place. If in Tulsa the best hamburger in town are found at Bill's Jumbo Hamburgers. A little stand with about 4 stools, and a couple of tables out side, but absolutely great hamburgers! only open for lunch during the week.

Yes! Used to he only had so much beef and once he was out he was done lol

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes! Used to he only had so much beef and once he was out he was done lol
That’s how Abe’s, on N Western was at one time. Gone for several years, but shut down when he ran out of meat. Good ole’ fried onion burgers! Might have to make a trip to Mike’s AND Tulsa.. like a GOOD burger.. unfortunately..

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s how Abe’s, on N Western was at one time. Gone for several years, but shut down when he ran out of meat. Good ole’ fried onion burgers! Might have to make a trip to Mike’s AND Tulsa.. like a GOOD burger.. unfortunately..

I used to eat at Abe's on Western when I worked for the state, good burgers also.:thumb:

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and the wife’s go to spot for burgers and political signs. Wife reads every one! Highly recommend the chili cheese burger, made from scratch Caesar dressing and homemade onion rings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom