Thunder announcer suspended one game after racially insensitive comment about Russell Westbrook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I grew up in an area of the state where a lot of cotton was (is) grown. In the fall schools would let out of a week for "cotton pickin'". I picked many of rows side by side with men, women and children of diverse races. I would not be offended by the term, but then my ancestors were not slaves.

Well at least they let most of the slaves live while they tried to exterminate mine. I'm not offended by any smart alec slur or attempt at racism. Most charges of racism are in the mind of the beholder.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember one time in the military a Black guy was in line and I said, "Move the line up boy." He glared at me and I asked the guy standing next to me what was that all about and he told me that "They don't like being called boy." Well crap, I didn't mean anything, we all called each other that as kids and I wouldn't want to offend anyone purposefully much less by accident. I learned something that day but it was through innocence, ignorance and chance. When I was in high school (Star-Spencer) we all wrestled and played other sports and didn't look at color, everybody was human-people and we treated each other equally. Fast forward to 2018 and some clown made a name for themselves by declaring any small innocent comment racist when in fact it wasn't meant to be. We are divided and have been for many years and it bodes evil and hurts everybody in some way or another. We have a sick society.

Latest posts

Top Bottom