Tig welders

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just hire a Tulsa Welding School graduate. They would probably know more than this complete thread.
A piece of paper obtained in a controlled environment doesn’t beat experience. Depends on the job that needs done I suppose. When I was a teenager I hired a self proclaimed pipeline welder that was in his 50’s to help me repair a bunch of old corrals. It didn’t take long and he got demoted to bein my hand while I welded. I’ve also run into a handful of guys that claimed they didn’t really learn to weld until they got a job after school. I think schools that teach trades are a great thing but experience can’t be bought and his hard to teach.

Oh and that guy that I had hired, he ran my welding supply store bill through the roof with all kinds of rod like 5p plus and I dunno how many cutoff wheels, grinding wheels and lenses for his hood. Lol

Louro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A piece of paper obtained in a controlled environment doesn’t beat experience. Depends on the job that needs done I suppose. When I was a teenager I hired a self proclaimed pipeline welder that was in his 50’s to help me repair a bunch of old corrals. It didn’t take long and he got demoted to bein my hand while I welded. I’ve also run into a handful of guys that claimed they didn’t really learn to weld until they got a job after school. I think schools that teach trades are a great thing but experience can’t be bought and his hard to teach.

Oh and that guy that I had hired, he ran my welding supply store bill through the roof with all kinds of rod like 5p plus and I dunno how many cutoff wheels, grinding wheels and lenses for his hood. Lol

Will you meet me in Ardmore? I'd come halfway, but I can't drive much if I'm smoking my medical mary j, and I really don't want to take a few hours off and sober up to drive up your way...

LOL, You usually need a lots of grinding wheel when you don't know how to weld. I got a lots of first hand experience.

Top Bottom