Tig welders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I converted this ol rolling tool chest into a tig cart. All the drawers will be nice. I've always got clamps, pliers etc. stacked on top of my mig cuz that cart has no drawers. Had to add a shelf to hold the bottle and a wheel to support it. Pictures suck but in one you can kinda see I welded some angle iron towards the top of the box to keep the bottle from tipping. A short chain with a bolt welded to it cinches things tight to remove any wobbling of the bottle. Foot pedal and cord can be stored in a drawer. I gotta build a couple hangers for the torch and ground cable tomorrow and mount some tubes(pvc maybe) somewhere to store my filler rods and keep em sorted by size. I'm home reading the manual now and a neighbor is coming over to teach me about tig welding tomorrow. He does it for a living.
IMG_4003.JPG
IMG_4004.JPG
IMG_4005.JPG

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard some good things about those PrimeWeld units,
Seems everyone has nothing really negative to say about them.
I know a kid taking welding classes at Cowley College, & he saus he is going to get one of those after he graduates.
That's great to hear! That's what I found when I was researching. Main complaint I heard was foot pedal design but it is interchangeable with better designs. I'll be sure to share my results with y'all.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, please keep the laughing at my dirt dobber welds minimal! This was my first day tigging. It's definitely a balancing act controlling the torch in my right hand, feeding rod with my left and operating the pedal with one of my feet. The machine also has a finger switch that would replace pedal but I'm gonna run the pedal for a while. The fella that helped me get started today said he thought the machine was a great value and plenty capable of anything we would throw at it. He did recommend some different torch parts like a gas lense, stubby cups etc. Some welds are on clean steel and some I left rust or mill scale on. Gotta see for myself what can or can't be done. I got pretty good at grinding tungsten on my belt sander. I really like being able to fuse weld things without any filler. All in all I'm pretty happy and I'd still be out there burning rod right now but I've got a board meeting tonight.
IMG_4013.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom