Tikka T1x Rimfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $420, this will be an outstanding bolt .22. Between this, the Steyr Scout rimfire and the new Steyr Zephyr, there is no shortage of great rimfires.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm determined to have at least one of the new offerings. Leaning toward the Tikka, but now I guess I'll have to take a look at the Steyr.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Zephyr II lives up to the original.... But I'm skeptical to say the least. The stock styling on the Z-II looks like it was drawn up by committee--a committee of pre-schoolers who can't yet color within the lines.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the Zephyr II lives up to the original.... But I'm skeptical to say the least. The stock styling on the Z-II looks like it was drawn up by committee--a committee of pre-schoolers who can't yet color within the lines.
Handled a Steyr last week. You're right, the stock is ugly.

A report from Shot Show on the Tikka T1 is that it has the same footprint as the T3 and will fit any T3 stock. The shooter at Industry Day was very impressed with the T1. I have no experience with a Tikka rifle but this one is looking very good.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not handled a Zephyr II but from the photos, I love the stock. Double flamed Bavarian goodness. That Tikka looks pretty incredible too but I am switching over from the Tikka T3 to Steyrs so this becomes all the more difficult.