Time for a new battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Newer cars drain the heck out of their batteries. That is the price of computers, bluetooth, navigation, wifi, etc. Ironic with the switch to LED lights. I have seen a dashcam drain a battery in two weeks. The new mantra is use just enough battery to get the job done. Sad that at one point you could get upgraded batteries from the factory when you ordered a car.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an AC/Delco battery with the green eyeglass on top in a 07 Chevy Cobalt that is original equipment and still going strong.
It has never been discharged as the car starts instantly. That is the secret.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. It's so bad now that I just buy mine at Sam's Club now. It just doesn't seem to matter where you get one now, it may last a year, it may last five. You just don't know anymore.

MY mom's car still has the OEM battery from the factory. It's a 2016 model. I threw a lithium jump starter in the back because it could go anytime and when it does it'll go without warning, I guarantee. But it's still chugging along!
Have those lithium jump starters in all the cars, worth it.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Original on my 04 Ram lasted 10 years, I was surprised with it lasting that long I bought the replacement from the dealer, right at 9 years on it. I just replaced my 2014 Durango's original, impressed with the factory batteries longivity so I'll stick with them, might pay a bit more but the way they've lasted for me makes it well worth it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Tacoma and the OEM battery went dead 4 times-I don't drive it that much, 8.500 miles this past year, I put a brake controller in and the service rep at Post Oak Toyota said that it was drawing power from the battery even if I had it parked in the garage. I told them I was going on a trip and wanted warranty replacement of the battery and after 3-4 hours the rep said that he used an old battery as evidence tio obtain a new battery under warrranty.
So I drove off with anew battery and when I arrived home disconnected the brake controller until I need it again. I don't kow if the guy was jesting me or not but I received an installed new battery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom