Time for a new shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for a new semi-auto shotgun and am a big fan of Browning after buying the Browning Synergy O/U. I have been looking at the Browning Maxis II Ultimate but I can't find one in stock. Should I wait until they are in stock or look at other brands? What brand and model would you prefer in a semi-auto shotgun?

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased this old gal new in 78' and if it ever turned up missing I'd locate and purchase another one.......as far as I'm concerned you just can't beat a 12 ga. Browning A5.

Pics from 2021 duck season.

DH 2.jpg
DH3.jpg

Last edited:

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you want pretty or a hunting gun?
I like a pretty hunting gun. The wood on the ultimate is nice and probably wouldn't stay that way. I could save quite a bit by going with a browning maxus hunter. It just isn't as pretty but would probably look better longer. Stop making me think logically. lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had this old gal since 78' and if it ever turned up missing I'd locate and purchase another one.......as far as I'm concerned you just can't beat a 12 ga. Browning A5.

Pics from 2021 duck season.

View attachment 261195View attachment 261196
The sweet 16 built in 46 is my go to shotgun for putting meat on the table. There are more expensive guns out there but none that shoot better for me. When that shotgun comes to the shoulder, something typically falls from the sky.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I’m not buying Holland and Holland’s or Purdey’s, im a big fan of the Beretta A400. I have the A400 upland in 20ga and it is by far the softest shooting, fastest cycling shotgun I’ve ever touched. 3” waterfowl loads have the kick of a semi auto 223. It’s nothing to carry, beautiful to look at, and shoots like a dream. I got mine for a decent deal, but would have paid full msrp knowing what I know now.

just for the record I’m only buying Holland and Holland’s or Purdey’s in my dreams. But maybe one day…

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a new semi-auto shotgun and am a big fan of Browning after buying the Browning Synergy O/U. I have been looking at the Browning Maxis II Ultimate but I can't find one in stock. Should I wait until they are in stock or look at other brands? What brand and model would you prefer in a semi-auto shotgun?
How soon do you want it? I see several of the big distributers are allowing backorders even though its currently out of stock.