Time for a new truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wrecked my 2000 F350 in that last ice storm. When I say wrecked, I mean it went round and round then on passenger side at 60MPH. The cables in the center median caught the rear axle and jerked the truck back up, but actually sliced the bed and cab. (I'm lucky to be here, honestly)

I priced a lot of trucks, looked at what it'd cost to basically rebuild my truck, and went with rebuild, as it has a 7.3 with only 290K on it.

Y'all knocking Ford diesels ain't wrong - but the 7.3s are a whole different animal.

Derek Miller

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2017 F250 6.7L with only 25K miles on it. It's in perfect condition and I really like it...it's likely my most favorite truck out of the 20 or so I've owned over the years. Been paid for a long time. I had a need for a heavier duty truck when I bought it but not so much these days. I'm tempted to sell it but I'm worried about what I'd replace it with in this market.

It's like selling a house when the market is soaring. Great money on the sale but then you have to turn around and find something to replace it with. I'm not seeing a whole lot out there that seems like selling my truck would be a good idea.
Maybe a safer bet to order what you want and sell when the new vehicle arrives. You could avoid the upcharge that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom