Time limit question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 stripped lowers ready to go and am getting ready to form 1 them as SBR's. Once I receive my stamps do I have to build them to spec immediately or can they sit in the safe as stripped Engraved lowers waiting to be built over the next year or 2? With the wait times I would rather pony up the cash to register them all at once.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should be built in a timely manner. A year I don't think qualifies. However, putting a short upper on them makes them built. You could strip them right back down again after you made them. Or you could pretend you did that. Nawm sayin?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should be built in a timely manner. A year I don't think qualifies. However, putting a short upper on them makes them built. You could strip them right back down again after you made them. Or you could pretend you did that. Nawm sayin?

So once I get my stamp, build 1 upper (not going to flirt with constructive intent and I think AR pistols are worthless) then I could slap my 1 built sbr upper on each one of them and then they would be good to go? While I am accumulating parts to build uppers for the other 2?

I thought I was required to have the original configuartion on my approved form available once It was built? I could do whatever I want after that but always had to have the components to return it to it's registered configuration.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can always return an SBR to title 1 configuration without notifying the NFA branch. You're over thinking it. They will never look in your safe and if they are, you're in much worse trouble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom