Timeline questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a few questions on timelines and call in checks.

I have the numbers to call but when I call what do I ask to find out where in the process my paperwork is?

How do you find out if the status is pending?

My check was cashed 1/19/13.

How much time should I give them before I call?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expect it to be at least a month from when your check is cashed before your paper work goes "pending". Then expect at least 5 months after pending before you will have an approval. Then expect at least a week before you receive your stamp. Notice I said "at least" 3 times. In reality you are looking at closer to 6 or 7 months from the date of your check being cashed to delivery of the stamp and 2 months before it goes pending.

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expect it to be at least a month from when your check is cashed before your paper work goes "pending". Then expect at least 5 months after pending before you will have an approval. Then expect at least a week before you receive your stamp. Notice I said "at least" 3 times. In reality you are looking at closer to 6 or 7 months from the date of your check being cashed to delivery of the stamp and 2 months before it goes pending.

I'm sure I could have found the same info using "search", but I am glad you posted in simple terms and I stumbled across the thread!

Thanks Uncle Money Bags!

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So in a few months how do I know it goes pending? I know the timeline is at least 6 or 7 months. What do I ask when I call and check status or is is even a need to call?

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call in and tell them you'd like to check the status of your NFA item. They wil ask for your serial number, who you purchased it from, and what name you purchased it in. Then they'll tell you when it went pending.

Latest posts

Top Bottom