Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people they released were no longer felons--the legislature redefined those crimes to be misdemeanors, and they made it retroactive, as their main purpose was to ease prison overcrowding. The ones who had other felony convictions are still in prison. (That is assuming that the news reports I saw were accurate; I haven't researched the statutes myself.)
Prison overcrouding was a small reason. The BIG reason was because OK is number 1 in incarcerating its people. Number 1 in the world. Per capita we lock up more people than comunist China and Russia...And then there's the cost to house and feed them, and thg=e cot to society when they leave prison as a felon and become your neighbor and cant work. Technically this guy was arrested for a non violent crime but he had a record of spousal abuse so to me, he could have already been a felon for that?
Will he walk without a felony since it was a non violent crime?
I think he may.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will he walk without a felony since it was a non violent crime?
I think he may.
Fortunately, being a dumbass isn't a felony.

Yet.

If they have him on a cash-only bond, I think it's a foregone conclusion that the DA is out to make an example of him, and at least one serious felony has to have been in the list of charges presented to the judge. Ain't no way the judge gives you "umm, no" bail for a misdemeanor (or a "we'll plea this down to a misdemeanor" felony) charge.

Last edited:

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Technically this guy was arrested for a non violent crime but he had a record of spousal abuse so to me, he could have already been a felon for that?

Wait a second:uhwhat:, If Harper already had a record of spousal abuse, how/why the hell is he walking around with any type of firearm? And why wasn't he arrested for being a prohibited person in possession when doing his other derp-tard stunts? :scratch:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait a second:uhwhat:, If Harper already had a record of spousal abuse, how/why the hell is he walking around with any type of firearm? And why wasn't he arrested for being a prohibited person in possession when doing his other derp-tard stunts? :scratch:
A history of spousal abuse and convictions on it are two different things; maybe he was charged but not convicted, or maybe he got a deferred sentence and had the conviction set aside after he completed the court's requirements. There are also exceptions (like having the conviction set aside) that would keep convictions on those counts from making him a prohibited person (they're listed in the instructions on the 4473, FWIW).

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A history of spousal abuse and convictions on it are two different things; maybe he was charged but not convicted, or maybe he got a deferred sentence and had the conviction set aside after he completed the court's requirements. There are also exceptions (like having the conviction set aside) that would keep convictions on those counts from making him a prohibited person (they're listed in the instructions on the 4473, FWIW).
Yeah I know that. It's just anytime a person tells me they have a record, that means conviction, not arrest history.

Latest posts

Top Bottom