Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
I've watched a few of Harper's videos and i don't much care for his way of doing things. In many ways he has been harmful to the cause. However, at least he is out doing something for our rights which is more than can be said for the vast majority of these armchair judges I've been reading on this forum. He did dig his own hole but i wouldn't wish what he's going through on anybody. He may be a little wayward but he's one of us, a 2nd Amendment supporting gun owner. While we don't agree with all his tactics, he wasnt out doing crazy or illegal acts. He was simply exercising rights that the gun-grabbers don't want us to excercise and he at least deserves our moral support. He does not deserve all the vicious commentary and mean-spirited wishes of so many self righteous people here.

Think about it people. The resistance Tim received during these "audits" was not due to his attitude, or his alleged desire to draw attention to himself, or because of the way he conducted himself. The resistance he received was because he was LAWFULLY CARRYING A FIREARM IN A PUBLIC PLACE (and evidently he believed the restaurant carry was legal). If nothing else, we should make a show of support for him for solidarity. The things many of you state on this forum are just as detrimental to our rights as anything these youtube auditors do.

How do you all think it looks to people on the outside when they read a comment like, "Please take his gun rights away," or, "I hope he loses all his rights to own firearms," (some of you sound like Nancy Pelosi) or, "I hope that jacka$$ goes to prison?" Will they think we're serious about keeping our gun rights? Will they think we have each other's backs when those in authority want to make an example out of any of us?

I, for one, pray that Tim does NOT go to prison, does NOT lose ANY of his constitutional rights, and that he learns from this ordeal.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've watched a few of Harper's videos and i don't much care for his way of doing things. In many ways he has been harmful to the cause. However, at least he is out doing something for our rights which is more than can be said for the vast majority of these armchair judges I've been reading on this forum. He did dig his own hole but i wouldn't wish what he's going through on anybody. He may be a little wayward but he's one of us, a 2nd Amendment supporting gun owner. While we don't agree with all his tactics, he wasnt out doing crazy or illegal acts. He was simply exercising rights that the gun-grabbers don't want us to excercise and he at least deserves our moral support. He does not deserve all the vicious commentary and mean-spirited wishes of so many self righteous people here.

Think about it people. The resistance Tim received during these "audits" was not due to his attitude, or his alleged desire to draw attention to himself, or because of the way he conducted himself. The resistance he received was because he was LAWFULLY CARRYING A FIREARM IN A PUBLIC PLACE (and evidently he believed the restaurant carry was legal). If nothing else, we should make a show of support for him for solidarity. The things many of you state on this forum are just as detrimental to our rights as anything these youtube auditors do.

How do you all think it looks to people on the outside when they read a comment like, "Please take his gun rights away," or, "I hope he loses all his rights to own firearms," (some of you sound like Nancy Pelosi) or, "I hope that jacka$$ goes to prison?" Will they think we're serious about keeping our gun rights? Will they think we have each other's backs when those in authority want to make an example out of any of us?

I, for one, pray that Tim does NOT go to prison, does NOT lose ANY of his constitutional rights, and that he learns from this ordeal.
Nah. “Doing something” isn’t a excuse.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

First of all, welcome to the forum, and I 100% agree with this last statement, but I do have to agree with a large majority of gun owners that his actions as an auditor were not appropriate and did not help the cause.
When His "audit" at the restaurant hit the national news which always takes incidents like that in a negative manner, it doesn't help gunowners.
There are many other ways to "educate" the public and LEO that were brought up in the thread. He could have set up a booth, posted signs, and offered to "educate" to those that want educated and maybe inform those that are on the fence.
But, he chose to use shock therapy on the public and went into an area where he was not educated on current gun laws in the state of Oklahoma. Before one attempts to educate, they should be educated.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
I also hopes he wins this case for the sake of others who may get caught up in the ambiguity of our laws. Sure, we should know the law. And permit holders don't have much excuse for not knowing them. But now with so called constitutional carry there will plenty of law abiding citizens carrying without knowing every detail of gun laws. All they'll know is, "It's alright for me to carry without a permit. Just make sure i don't go into a bar or certain other places." It's no different than all these other laws that affect our daily lives that we don't know. How many of y'all knew that the exception that allows one to carry in an establishment that sells alcohol if it is not their primary source of income applies only to permit holders and only for handguns? It's very easy for an unwary, law-abiding citizen to become a felon out of ignorance!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also hopes he wins this case for the sake of others who may get caught up in the ambiguity of our laws. Sure, we should know the law. And permit holders don't have much excuse for not knowing them. But now with so called constitutional carry there will plenty of law abiding citizens carrying without knowing every detail of gun laws. All they'll know is, "It's alright for me to carry without a permit. Just make sure i don't go into a bar or certain other places." It's no different than all these other laws that affect our daily lives that we don't know. How many of y'all knew that the exception that allows one to carry in an establishment that sells alcohol if it is not their primary source of income applies only to permit holders and only for handguns? It's very easy for an unwary, law-abiding citizen to become a felon out of ignorance!
There is a saying out there that I've found to be very true.
It's not up to LEO to educate you about the law. It's a persons personal responsibility to make sure they are in compliance with any law, be it a gun law or a traffic law before they venture into that venue.
That's the beauty of forums like this. We had folks that didn't know that anomaly just as well as Harper, but it took some discussion and careful reading of the regulations so we all became informed.
It's a shame those laws are written in legalese and not plain language, but it is what it is and we have to understand that when researching our legal actions.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

The way he went about with his "audits" is 100% harmful to gun rights. It's not like he didn't know he was doing things the wrong way either. Many people called him out for being an idiot, but he wanted the attention and shock value.
As Dennis said, if he wanted to educate, why not put up a table in a park with signs stating what he was doing and attempt to educate the public with discussions.
I stand by my words of hoping he loses his gun rights.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

This post lost all credibility in the 2nd and 3rd run-on sentences. You can’t say he’s been “harmful to the cause” and turn around and say “at least he’s doing something.“

Latest posts

Top Bottom