Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree... but that's ok. We're allowed to do that.

How do you know if a place serves until you go in? I mean, we're talking about restaurants. So you can't carry in a pizza place anymore, as they serve beer (or at least they used to, I haven't ordered one there in decades). That's screwy, in my opinion.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How do you know if a place serves until you go in? I mean, we're talking about restaurants. So you can't carry in a pizza place anymore, as they serve beer (or at least they used to, I haven't ordered one there in decades). That's screwy, in my opinion.

texas used to have big "51%" signs in places that were prohibited. Was pretty clear as to the status of the location.

So i think it was an either you are or aren't with regards to being able to carry inside.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could have sworn one of the articles I read said Twin Peaks. I'll see if I can find that again.

Eta: it looks like the arrest and carrying into Twin Peaks were not the same incident.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's was impression also. Seems like they nabbed him for the carrying of a rifle into Twin Peaks but with our outstanding news reporting it's just hard to tell.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If you have a permit you can carry in that pizza place.

How do you know a place serves booze? Seriously? Google is a gun owners friend. So is common sense.

It’s pretty obvious in a case like Twin Peaks, when it advertises booze on its sign.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Permit
Permitless
Open carry
Concealed carry
Pistol
Rifle
Etc.

There seem to be different rules for each one. That is part of why this latest law is not Constitutional Carry.

It is my understanding that some of the open carry that was legal before was sacrificed, even by 2A supporters, to give permitless carry a better chance of passing.

Hopefully this is a step along the way to getting real Constitutional Carry and not just the best we can do because we are willing to concede certain rights to the opposition in order to gain others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....but it’s not complicated.

We make it complicated when we insert our feelings or thoughts on how it should be.

The law says don’t bring a gun into any place that serves booze....with a narrow carve out for permit holders.

the most sure way to keep ambiguity and confusion out of issue is to not be a dumbass! I’ve said before that it will be a few dumbasses that get the right to carry constitutionally revoked! A few bad apples will spoil it for the rest of us! Awesome huh?

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

How do you know a place serves booze? Seriously? Google is a gun owners friend. So is common sense.

It’s pretty obvious in a case like Twin Peaks, when it advertises booze on its sign.

Right, so we've got one Italian place here in town. I guess if I walk in there and see the rack of wine bottles, I need to turn around and walk out. But I've already broken the law by walking in the door.

Oh wait, no, I have a permit, so I can stay, but my buddy who is with me carrying in accordance with the law without a permit has to leave, although he's already a lawbreaker for walking in the door. Or maybe he should send me in to scout the place out and see if they have wine on their menu before he walks in, you know, just to be safe, right?

Now, I just Googled them, and their website clearly states they serve wine and beer. So they're out for my friend and his wife to join us, apparently - even though he is a recovering alcoholic and doesn't ever drink a drop.

So I decided maybe we'll just go grab a burger at Boomarang. Now, I accidentally typed Boomerang into Google and got a bunch of hits for Boomerang grills all over the place, and when they say Bar & Grill, I know my friend probably can't attend. So then I saw a pic in the images search and the spelling was BoomArang... so I searched Boomarang Diner and I got the one I wanted. Their menu says soft drinks and root beer, but doesn't mention any wine or beer. So I think he's probably ok to join me for lunch or dinner there.

Oh hell, maybe he should just go pay his coupla hundred bucks to get his permit so he can carry in a GD'ed restaurant, even though he doesn't drink alcohol, right? I mean, the whole idea of this 'constitutional carry' law was so that we could stratify citizens into different classes of being able to carry a weapon, wasn't it? Right? I mean, some of you can carry here, some can't carry there, do you ahve a permit or not? What firearm can you carry in your car as opposed to into a restaurant, right? Or whatever...

Nah, it's not complicated in the least. Maybe for me... I mean, I already jumped through all the hoops our .gov overlords have impose upon us, so I'm in the clear (as much as I can be in this state), but not my buddy.

Anyways, it is what it is, I guess I'm a dumbf*** for even caring, right? It doesn't apply to me, does it? Right. So who gives a s***? Right? Right.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

I honestly don't know which pizza places serve beer and which don't. I think Mazzio's and Pizza Hut probably do... they used to, anyway. I don't know about Simple Simon's, do you? And Papa John's? I've never actually been in there... can you even dine in there? I don't know. Maybe they're only carry out.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send a scout ahead. He'll be armed only with a concealed pistol, but he'll be the kind of operator who isn't afraid to take his chances. He'll ask the manager if the establishment allows rifles.
If they don't, the boycott is on.
If they do, the scout barks a signal into his lapel microphone, and the rest of the outfit comes creeping in stealthily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom