Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still concerned about the 'apparent' ambiguity about carrying in a place where alcohol is consumed vs primary purpose is alcohol consumption... didn't the new law include the wording about consumption? If he got arrested for carrying in a place like Chili's where they SERVE it, but he wasn't consuming himself or in a bar specifically, I'd be real concerned. Even though I think the guy is a tool of the highest order...

There is nothing ambiguous about it. It is VERY CLEAR: No SDA permit? You can't carry ANYWHERE that serves alcohol. I am really surprised it took this long to arrest him. The 51% rule has nothing to do with it.

Again, this is yet ANOTHER reason I cringe when I hear people call permitless carry "Constitutional Carry"...because guess what?!?! IT ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tR, you conflating “confusing” with “incongruous”.

The law is clear. Why a permitless carrier should be treated differently than a permitted one might seem unfair, nonsensical, or just plain silly and it is another matter that raises questions about what the legislature intended, but it’s not hard to observe and follow the law, as written, at all.

If you are carrying a pistol under permitless carry and suddenly find yourself in a place that serves booze you can a) leave b) go back to you car and disarm or c) if carrying concealed, continue to do so and not make a scene or film a video for YouTube.

Nothing confusing or hard about that.

Should the legislature address the appearance of separate classes of carriers? Maybe.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't say I'm surprised about this, I can say that this is what he gets for practicing a career that he's not qualified to do. He is not an auditor, just someone that learned a few laws and can recite them on cue. That doesn't make auditors of anything, just an idiot that can read and recite information. I have said in the past these people make the honest law-abiding gun owner look like them. These people need to stop what they are doing and just enjoy the fact that you can carry a firearm. If you want to go to the rallies and write your representatives or even go out and hand out pamphlets, but don't do it with an AR strapped to your back.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like this, the reason you can carry with a permit in places that the guy without the permit can is cuz the training. Us cardholders is trained up. We know how to deal with sitchiations that may involve alcohol. That is all. Get trained! My training class had scenarios set up and people be drinking and guns bein slung around and we was trained up.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like this, the reason you can carry with a permit in places that the guy without the permit can is cuz the training. Us cardholders is trained up. We know how to deal with sitchiations that may involve alcohol. That is all. Get trained! My training class had scenarios set up and people be drinking and guns bein slung around and we was trained up.
Thats some funny chit dude! LMAO

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only part I had to retrain on was when the dang saloon door kept slapping me in the azz on the way through and causing a negligent discharge! Got er down pat now though. Practice practice practice....

Latest posts

Top Bottom