Tips for moving a safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate that dh, but I don't think we can get the tractor through the front door. Lol

I got the safe my the trailer using my 2 post car lift and a floor jack and I have it sitting on a couple car wheel dollies. It's not very stable, but I can get it to a door with these and a floor jack on each side of the safe to help stabilize it. I'm thinking about strapping the dollies to the bottom of the safe and just use them to roll it to the edge of the hardwood over the tile. I have a 4" step to get into the back door. That is the main obstacle to get it into the house at this point.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate that dh, but I don't think we can get the tractor through the front door. Lol

I got the safe my the trailer using my 2 post car lift and a floor jack and I have it sitting on a couple car wheel dollies. It's not very stable, but I can get it to a door with these and a floor jack on each side of the safe to help stabilize it. I'm thinking about strapping the dollies to the bottom of the safe and just use them to roll it to the edge of the hardwood over the tile. I have a 4" step to get into the back door. That is the main obstacle to get it into the house at this point.
you can rent a pallet jack. Do know anyone that has a motorcycle jack? either one would make the 4 inch step easy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Seriously, there is a line of equipment that do some amazing work that will fit through a 36" door opening. It's designed to work inside homes and buildings. A business I used to work for had a track hoe that would fit into a closet that could dig a 6' deep hole after a 16" square cut had been made in the concrete.....quickly.
The folks that move those buildings around you see on the side of the road utilize some of those close quarter lifting equipment with rubber tires.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some lifts I made. They are on casters that are rated for 300 lbs each. You slide them under the safe on opposite sides and rachet strap them to the safe. Then you cam over a rod on each side which lifts the safe. One person can do it all. I have five safe and the heaviest one weights 850 lbs. empty.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some lifts I made. They are on casters that are rated for 300 lbs each. You slide them under the safe on opposite sides and rachet strap them to the safe. Then you cam over a rod on each side which lifts the safe. One person can do it all. I have five safe and the heaviest one weights 850 lbs. empty.
IMG_0896.PNG

Are yours like these? I thought about making a set, but went the easy route using the pvc schedule 40. I cut 2 pieces of 1" about the depth of the safe. They actually worked great and I moved the 800 lbs safe without any issues. It was very easy to maneuver around and make turns on the pvc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom