Tips on carrying in a professional environment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I got the job, and am starting on Monday. Took 2 months to find one after moving here, but I think it's gonna be worth it. I think I'm gonna try ankle carry, but I'm not sure if the guns I already have will be too bulky for it. My Sig P229 Elite is the only thing I have that might work, but I don't know. I may just use my first paycheck to buy a new gun and holster, thinking Beretta APX A1 Carry with an Aliengear holster

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always carried a S&W 637,642 or a model 60 in a pocket holster in my right front pants pocket. I found that pleated pants of any material helped hide the pocket holster and pistol. I was a mechanical engineer in the medical manufacturing field in and out of hospitals, research labs etc and never had an issue. A suit coat or sport jacket help cover things up also.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I got the job, and am starting on Monday. Took 2 months to find one after moving here, but I think it's gonna be worth it. I think I'm gonna try ankle carry, but I'm not sure if the guns I already have will be too bulky for it. My Sig P229 Elite is the only thing I have that might work, but I don't know. I may just use my first paycheck to buy a new gun and holster, thinking Beretta APX A1 Carry with an Aliengear holster
The aliengear shape shift ankle with my subcompact XD40 is my dress gun for a suit.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pocket carry is about the only thing that I've found that works for me. And that can be iffy with plain front slacks if they aren't tailored loser than the cool kids wear.
In that case you go with a classic double action LCP in the right holster and you will never know. the original LCP is the ultimate pocket gun...I rarely carry it anymore unless I need maximum concealment, but mine has never jammed (hasn't been fired much but still enough to know). It is way better than a derringer and about the same size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom