Tips on carrying in a professional environment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying my Shield 9mm with a trigger guard "holster" in my front right pocket for a few years now. Works great and I've never felt like it wasn't safe. If I need to access it, just a little click if my finger removes the holster. I've carried in jeans, shorts and slacks with it barely (if at all) being noticeable. I have noticed here lately since I've lost weight that it does seem to be printing a bit more than it used to. But that's likely due to the fact that my jeans fit a lot different these days.

This is what I've been using:
https://bit.ly/3XK4o82

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pocket carry any of the little 1911 looking 380s.
Sig 238, Colt Mustang, Springfield 911, Kimber Micro, etc.

They disappear into a pocket and there's a noticeable difference going to even a P938 or P365

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I worked in an office where carry wasn't permitted (by company policy; not by law) I wore some Ariat brand square toed boots that had quite a bit of extra area in them around the ankle. I'd stick my S&W 340SC in a pocket holster and stick that in my boot. If I were wearing normal shoes I'd put it in an ankle holster. I was always afraid any sort of pocket or waist carry would be spotted. Most of the time I was sitting at a desk so ankle was probably more accessible than waist or pocket anyway. As far as I know, nobody ever knew including a "gun friends" who asked and I denied it. That last bit is probably the best advice ever for carrying where permitted by company policy. Don't tell anyone ever. Not even a "friend."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I worked in an office where carry wasn't permitted (by company policy; not by law) I wore some Ariat brand square toed boots that had quite a bit of extra area in them around the ankle. I'd stick my S&W 340SC in a pocket holster and stick that in my boot. If I were wearing normal shoes I'd put it in an ankle holster. I was always afraid any sort of pocket or waist carry would be spotted. Most of the time I was sitting at a desk so ankle was probably more accessible than waist or pocket anyway. As far as I know, nobody ever knew including a "gun friends" who asked and I denied it. That last bit is probably the best advice ever for carrying where permitted by company policy. Don't tell anyone ever. Not even a "friend."
Friends use friends to become enemies. Never reveal information to a friend.

Bathrooms. What kind of hooks, shelves etc do you all have in your bathrooms at work and how do you deal with a weight like a gun? Most bathroom fixtures I have seen lately are not level on top and I have a hard time using them for shelves and are flimsy at best when used. I usually tear off a piece of TP and wrap my gun in it setting it on the floor. I then retrieve my gun and holster it only after all my business was accomplished.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've changed my mind. Instead of buying the Beretta with my first paycheck, I think I might go with the Walther PPS M2 and pair it with an Aliengear ankle holster.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friends use friends to become enemies. Never reveal information to a friend.

Bathrooms. What kind of hooks, shelves etc do you all have in your bathrooms at work and how do you deal with a weight like a gun? Most bathroom fixtures I have seen lately are not level on top and I have a hard time using them for shelves and are flimsy at best when used. I usually tear off a piece of TP and wrap my gun in it setting it on the floor. I then retrieve my gun and holster it only after all my business was accomplished.
While I am work from home so I could carry an AR "to work" if I wanted to, when I am out in public I carry IWB. If I need to go into a stall, I keep the waist of my jeans right at my knees. I can keep my legs apart enough to hold tension on my pants which keeps everything on my person, but out of view outside the stall. That way I dont have to worry about remembering to put anything back up or getting bathroom residue on my firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom