Tire Dump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know someone that is looking at buying some land that has thousands of tires dumped on it. I have heard of landowners getting fined and having to pay huge removal and disposal costs of tire dumps in the past.

Has anyone here had to deal with this and know who to contact for information?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know someone that is looking at buying some land that has thousands of tires dumped on it. I have heard of landowners getting fined and having to pay huge removal and disposal costs of tire dumps in the past.

Man. If I had land Id come take some. You could make an awesome tire berm bank wall for shooting or make a cool earth build/ root cellar.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Look at shingle companies that are making slate look tiles out of recycled tires. They may take them . Never looked into this but it does not hurt to check!
Also some company shreds them and uses them to cover the walk/ exercise paths around the country.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The DEQ is over the waste tire program. There is money to clean up illegal dumps. As far as I know, they will attempt to find those responsible. The new owners were not responsible for dumping them so it should not be a problem. I would contact them and discuss it before committing to the purchase.

https://www.deq.ok.gov/land-protection-division/recycling/tire-recycling/

Latest posts

Top Bottom