Tire Slime...Does it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've put numerous valve stems in the front of my zero turn in the last ten years. For whatever reason about every other year they'll start leaking where the stem exits the wheel. Still all original front tires, just a boat load of valve stems. Slime is pretty amazing for a temp fix on large tires. We laced up a 4" slice in a sidewall with a cordless drill and some wire, and 3 bottles of slime on the trail one time. Held 20 psi long enough to get back to the parking area, that was on a 40" super swamper.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Torro ZTR and had some problems with a slow leak the second year. It turned out to be a sand burr had put a small hole in the tire. Slime sealed it right up and no more problems.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used some of this stuff once to get me to the tire shop. The guy there cleaned it all out of my tire and said that it eats the tire from the inside. He said this will occur in less than two years if left in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom