Tired of scam calls? Found a solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they ask for year, make and model, I ask for which vehicle. "You called me. Tell me which one you want to talk about."
Click.

I've tried that, one guy actually stayed on the line after I told him how many (over 700 in the fleet). When he asked the models, I said various years of Police Interceptors. I thnk he was really excited until he figured it out. I've also answered as PD and Department of Public Safety, and they still keep me on the list...

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, unless you are my wife (who loves to keep scammers on the phone using either her little kid's voice or her full blooded Japanese mom's voice), no one likes those scam calls. I tried everything from the Do Not Call list to pressing # for the remove option. Well, I finally found a way to stop them. Four weeks ago I was working on re-hanging an aerial line to a customer's house. I was hot, sweaty, and tired. Got my third warranty scam call that day. So I decided to have it ring through. The guy starts off with "Please verify your year, make and model of vehicle". I responded with "This is special agent Smith of the FBI, I'm going to stay on the phone long enough to trace your call". Guy hung up quick. This was on my work phone. Two days later I get the same type of call on my personal phone. Did the same thing, same result. I've not had a single scam call since! Thought I would share with ya'll.
I never answer a call that is not already in my phone list by name. If an unanswered caller leaves a message with interesting content, I may call back.......but extremely rarely.

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK...IF AT&T is your provider Call Protect is free! It actually will not let your phone ring if the caller is notorious for SPAM etc. I have had it for a couple of years now and love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom