Tired of scam calls? Found a solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, unless you are my wife (who loves to keep scammers on the phone using either her little kid's voice or her full blooded Japanese mom's voice), no one likes those scam calls. I tried everything from the Do Not Call list to pressing # for the remove option. Well, I finally found a way to stop them. Four weeks ago I was working on re-hanging an aerial line to a customer's house. I was hot, sweaty, and tired. Got my third warranty scam call that day. So I decided to have it ring through. The guy starts off with "Please verify your year, make and model of vehicle". I responded with "This is special agent Smith of the FBI, I'm going to stay on the phone long enough to trace your call". Guy hung up quick. This was on my work phone. Two days later I get the same type of call on my personal phone. Did the same thing, same result. I've not had a single scam call since! Thought I would share with ya'll.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I either tell them i got a 1907 model A or a 3 legged jackass and they usually hang up, now the wife got one the other day and she told them she had a 2023 alaskan malamute and the person on the other end couldnt figure it out so wife had to explain first that the dog hadnt been born yet and that it was a dog that pulled sleds in alaska and they asked where was alaska she hung up

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the "extend your warranty" calls, I tell them I drive a Bugatti La Voiture Noire.,,,,,, so when can I get that warranty extended?

Takes a few seconds for them to google an $18 million car, and then they hang up. Works every time.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also when i was working i had to answer every call not knowing whether it was work related or not, now days i only answer the calls i want to answer depending on how bored i am and whether it has a id with it that i know.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, unless you are my wife (who loves to keep scammers on the phone using either her little kid's voice or her full blooded Japanese mom's voice), no one likes those scam calls. I tried everything from the Do Not Call list to pressing # for the remove option. Well, I finally found a way to stop them. Four weeks ago I was working on re-hanging an aerial line to a customer's house. I was hot, sweaty, and tired. Got my third warranty scam call that day. So I decided to have it ring through. The guy starts off with "Please verify your year, make and model of vehicle". I responded with "This is special agent Smith of the FBI, I'm going to stay on the phone long enough to trace your call". Guy hung up quick. This was on my work phone. Two days later I get the same type of call on my personal phone. Did the same thing, same result. I've not had a single scam call since! Thought I would share with ya'll.
I always answer with, "HOMICIDE, DETECTIVE FRANKS, CAN I HELP YOU? ~click~

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Google Fi as my carrier and I have the option of letting Google answer it. Whatever the caller says is printed in text on my screen and I can determine if I want to pick up or not. They have predictive text responses that the Google voice will answer with if you select them too. I love having a computer talk to robocalls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom