Tisas Regent (Browning Hi-Power Clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This could easily be from the ammunition being weak, and not pushing the slide fully rearward to the end of it's travel. Especially on a tight, new full sized 9 MM pistol. This will for sure cause failures to feed, as well as eject. It's crucial the slide operate through it's full length of travel each and every time the weapon is fired. And with enough velocity and authority to cause the weapon to cycle properly. Try a couple of boxes of quality +P ammo, and grease the frame and slide rails good. I'm willing to bet that will fix your problem.

Mec-Gar magazines are top shelf. And the 13 rounders in the Hi-Power always feed the best, because the followers are longer. On the 15 round models, they require shortening the followers in order to get the extra 2 rounds in. This can sometimes cause feeding issues in some Hi-Power models, because it allows the followers to tilt and cant, which can cause a FTF.
Hadn't thought about that but a very good theory. You never know how consistent they are in loading some of this ammo from BFE or wherever. I've got some lithium grease I'm going to try on the rails on its way. I don't think I'm going to try any of the 15 round magazines. I do have 4 of some kind of unmarked generic 13rd that I'm not sure about just yet. Good ammo on the way and I believe this will make a world of difference.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll do some checking on that barrel centrality and I've got some Weapon Shield Lithium Grease on order. I really do appreciate all of the information and tips.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Mec Gar are the ones who make the factory HP mags.
I've picked up 4 of these magazines for the BHP. They are plain Jane but I got 'em super cheap. 2 for 14.99 + shipping. They are from Surplus Ammo in Victor Montana. Hoping that they work as good as the 2 Mec Gar's I have. The price is unbeatable......if they work good. No manufacture name or identifying mark on them other that they are stamped Browning Hi-Power. The first pic is the Mec Gar in front of the "generic" BHP Mags 1.jpg BHP Mags 2.jpg

Attachments

• BHP Mags 3.jpg
    BHP Mags 3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 127

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 150 round box of Winchester steel case ammo by mistake thinking it was brass, I would never buy steel case ammo on purpose. I shot it this weekend through my 1993 MkIII Hi Power which has been perfectly reliable and the first 60-70 rounds went fine then it started jamming like crazy with failures to feed or fully go into battery. Maybe the cases have some laquer or something on them that got in the chamber but I will never buy steel cased ammo again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom