Tisas Regent (Browning Hi-Power Clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The Hi-Power's are the only auto pistols I have that I can honestly say I enjoy cleaning. The total ease in way they field strip, and reassemble is pure joy. Nothing ever hangs up, or gives problems. I'm surprised that more manufacturers have not employed a, "Take Down Notch" in the slide, the way the Hi-Power does. It makes removing and reinstalling the slide stop a problem free joy.

The 1911 was, is, and always will be a PITA, (especially the slide stop). And the CZ models with always having to fight the recoil spring while lining up the 2 marks can also be a pain. Especially on tight, new pistols. But the Hi-Power design does not have any issues. About the only other gun I would put in it's class, is the Glock. No slide stop at all. Browning said he wanted to put everything into the Hi-Power he wished he had in the 1911. He did just that.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 150 round box of Winchester steel case ammo by mistake thinking it was brass, I would never buy steel case ammo on purpose. I shot it this weekend through my 1993 MkIII Hi Power which has been perfectly reliable and the first 60-70 rounds went fine then it started jamming like crazy with failures to feed or fully go into battery. Maybe the cases have some laquer or something on them that got in the chamber but I will never buy steel cased ammo again.
Sounds exactly like what mine did. So yeah, I'm done with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom