To all the friends and wonderful people I have met here, thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know your situation but had a similar wake up call a few months back. I read a great article that said, in short, do something. Even if you set a timer for 5 minutes and choose a task. Do just what you can with what you've got for 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what you do or accomplish but set it for 5 minutes and go, repeat as much as you can. Then watch it build, watch the habits form; next thing you know you have a plan for that 5 minutes and you extend it to 10 to get done what you want/can. I have reclaimed my yard, repaired my fencing, cleaned the shop and even stretch everyday. (These are all things I have been putting off way too long because I didnt have the time, money or energy)
The article went on to talk about the psychology of why this works. Again I am paraphrasing but a depressed mind keeps the body stagnant always thinking of what you don't have the time, money energy to do. However success builds on itself, builds confidence and gives you more of the can do attitude. Even if you have to start at small bite sized portions, 5 minutes at a time; build the life you deserve!
Will be praying for ya!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know your situation but had a similar wake up call a few months back. I read a great article that said, in short, do something. Even if you set a timer for 5 minutes and choose a task. Do just what you can with what you've got for 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what you do or accomplish but set it for 5 minutes and go, repeat as much as you can. Then watch it build, watch the habits form; next thing you know you have a plan for that 5 minutes and you extend it to 10 to get done what you want/can. I have reclaimed my yard, repaired my fencing, cleaned the shop and even stretch everyday. (These are all things I have been putting off way too long because I didnt have the time, money or energy)
The article went on to talk about the psychology of why this works. Again I am paraphrasing but a depressed mind keeps the body stagnant always thinking of what you don't have the time, money energy to do. However success builds on itself, builds confidence and gives you more of the can do attitude. Even if you have to start at small bite sized portions, 5 minutes at a time; build the life you deserve!
Will be praying for ya!
Good advice. Covid made it easier than ever to avoid things and I think a lot of people have to build back to where they were in motivation.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm spending too much time in bed. It's been great being able to go to this place for entertainment and to learn. It was a great find. I'm spending too much time in bed. Never left it today and that's not a good thing. For a week I've done that and noticed it's getting pretty easy to keep doing it.
So, I'm going to start getting my crap back together and work as hard as I can at anything and everything. Rather than work from home, mostly, I plan on working from my office at least half the day. The other half I'll be doing stuff like finishing the electrical in my shop, moving everything to the shop that's going, build a small building (if needed) for my wifes gardening things/and my Lawn mower.
I'll also start lifting again and walking/jogging till I hit a wall. I really don't care how much it kicks my ass. This is no way to live so I refuse to live this way. I'll get better regardless.

I'm not sure if it means I'll be participating less here (I hope not) but if I get out shooting and trying to rebuild my golf game (with the body I now have) it will take time and effort.

Just saying this because now and then we lose folks here for a bit, and have no idea where they went. I may not be going anywhere, but if I do, you'll know and also know I'll be back. Otherwise......I still be here posting useless stuff. Ha
I wish you the best in getting back up to whatever speed you can manage! Some days are tougher than others, so don't be hard on yourself. Your "best" varies from day to day, so just do the best you can and you'll wind up better off overall! :thumb:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everone. I'm sorry about yesterday. I was having a very crappy day. I did make myself get out and I went to shoot. Zeroed in my Henry Pump action with the 4-12x44 vortex scope at 50 yds. Only got through the first 100 rds (of 300 rds) of the break in that require lead bullets. I had an issue with these Federals. Either my gun hates them or there crappy ammo because ever other one FTF but after recocking shot. Let me know if its the ammo.
Pic one is the rifle, two is the target after zero at 50 yds, next is the shell where you see the pin strike is pretty good and last is the box of ammo I used and will continue to use through the other 200 rounds of break in. (run dry snake down new barrel, shoot 100 rounds of lead bullets..has to be fully lead with zero copper, run dry snake down barrel once, shoot 100 rounds, run dry snake down barrel once and shoot the last 100 rounds. Barrel is lapped and broke in. It works for me on 22's.
I had so much fun today but I'm worn out. I know I said I was taking a break, and I'll try, but I had to share this with all of you. I think of us as a family. Fights and all. Let me know of any suggestions about this and my 223/556 Henry long ranger I'm still waiting on.
I've decided to stay with shooting my 22's and .17 rather than the more expensive stuff that I'm afraid Biden is going to tax. I can expend 300 rounds to break in a barrel of a 22 and not break out in sweat after 20 rounds out the barrel. Those smaller rimfires are what I'm shooting for now. I'll shoot a few round with the big stuff now and then but 22's are so much fun to shoot. PS. I want to have the action cover Nickel plated like I did my .17 Henry varmint. Anyone do very good work locally? The place I used last time did the perfect job but wondering if I could get it a bit cheaper. I don't want to get a discount if I lose quality

Attachments

• Henry zero 1.JPG
    Henry zero 1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Henry zero 2.JPG
    Henry zero 2.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Henry zero 3.JPG
    Henry zero 3.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 35
  • Henry zero 4.JPG
    Henry zero 4.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 33

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everone. I'm sorry about yesterday. I was having a very crappy day. I did make myself get out and I went to shoot. Zeroed in my Henry Pump action with the 4-12x44 vortex scope at 50 yds. Only got through the first 100 rds (of 300 rds) of the break in that require lead bullets. I had an issue with these Federals. Either my gun hates them or there crappy ammo because ever other one FTF but after recocking shot. Let me know if its the ammo.
Pic one is the rifle, two is the target after zero at 50 yds, next is the shell where you see the pin strike is pretty good and last is the box of ammo I used and will continue to use through the other 200 rounds of break in. (run dry snake down new barrel, shoot 100 rounds of lead bullets..has to be fully lead with zero copper, run dry snake down barrel once, shoot 100 rounds, run dry snake down barrel once and shoot the last 100 rounds. Barrel is lapped and broke in. It works for me on 22's.
I had so much fun today but I'm worn out. I know I said I was taking a break, and I'll try, but I had to share this with all of you. I think of us as a family. Fights and all. Let me know of any suggestions about this and my 223/556 Henry long ranger I'm still waiting on.
I've decided to stay with shooting my 22's and .17 rather than the more expensive stuff that I'm afraid Biden is going to tax. I can expend 300 rounds to break in a barrel of a 22 and not break out in sweat after 20 rounds out the barrel. Those smaller rimfires are what I'm shooting for now. I'll shoot a few round with the big stuff now and then but 22's are so much fun to shoot. PS. I want to have the action cover Nickel plated like I did my .17 Henry varmint. Anyone do very good work locally? The place I used last time did the perfect job but wondering if I could get it a bit cheaper. I don't want to get a discount if I lose quality
I am still waiting on my Long Ranger in 5.56 as well. I wonder if they will ever get built.

Latest posts

Top Bottom