To be ready for next season…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn’t set my feeder up this year because life got in the way. To be ready for next season should I go ahead and start my feeder in the spring? I wouldn’t mind running it most of the year if you all think it would help.
I’d recommend setting the feeder up now. I agree with MIH about deer being creatures of habit, but I’ve found they adapt really fast to a feeder. My son and I put up a feeder a couple weeks ago in a place where there’s never been one before, and the deer were frequenting it within 24 hours. I filled a feeder a couple days ago that hasn’t been filled since 2016 or 2017, and it only took them about 24 hours to start hitting it. I saw 3 bucks there this morning.

I help a friend put up a pen around a feeder to keep pigs out. The deer were leery of it for a few days, but their desire to eat corn overshadowed their “fear” of the pen. Personally, I‘m not a fan of feeder pens, but sometimes they are a necessity. :anyone:

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your neighbors feed….Deer know the sound of a feeder throwing.
We usually fill feeders in early to mid September and put up cameras at the same time. 80% of the time we have deer at the feeders within 12 hours.

Late to the game…. Yes…. But there is a lot of season left. Why not get your feeder up for this year. We are just 5 weeks into bow season…. And 2 weeks out from rifle.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually move one of mine in January. Neighbor leases the farm and runs cows from Jan-Sep., so I have a place in the woods fenced off where cows don't have access. Deer, turkeys and pigs can get right in, and do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom