To Boulder’s anti-gun bigots, I will not comply with your hate law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, separation aint gonna be peaceful

Biggest problem is no continuity geographically. I could see something more along the lines of the EU forming, but jeez, those guys have effed that up so bad, too, I'd hate to follow that example. In perfect theory, having something like the EU with the US forming a half-dozen or more states, incorporating Canada and Mexico sounds ok - let's face it, America isn't a united country anymore, not by a long shot.

But in practice, it's just gonna be a huge CF.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biggest problem is no continuity geographically. I could see something more along the lines of the EU forming, but jeez, those guys have effed that up so bad, too, I'd hate to follow that example. In perfect theory, having something like the EU with the US forming a half-dozen or more states, incorporating Canada and Mexico sounds ok - let's face it, America isn't a united country anymore, not by a long shot.

But in practice, it's just gonna be a huge CF.
Exactly! That's why its going to get ugly. A lot of people dont want to see it, but its going happen sooner or latter.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem is seeing all the idiots on Falsebook making comments like, "Bring it on, Lefty!" They think it's going to be easy once it starts. Not many people actually have experience with severe trauma, even a whole lot of our veterans (no offense) didn't actually see combat. It's quite a different matter when people are bleeding out in front of you. I've never been directly "under fire" and don't want to. But I also don't want to deal with the aftermath, either.

It's not some glorious revolution, it won't be some grand adventure. And when services start shutting down, and WalMart is out of food and nothing else is moving in, it's going to get really, really ugly, really, really quickly.

You (as a general, not YOU) can think it's going to be right vs. left and most of the guns will be on the right, but honestly, when food runs short, there's no electricity, no running water, no SEWER DRAINAGE and no city services, there will be bands of redneck wannabes running around in SUVs (as long as the gas holds out) waving rifles and coming to take what you've got. Those will be the ones you THOUGHT would be on your side - until things run short.

I hope it doesn't come to it. It will be ugly. There is no way to truly prepare for it without being totally off the grid, totally self-sufficient, and totally barricaded in a nearly impenetrable or unfindable area. :( I wish there were a peaceful way for it to work out. But I'm afraid every day, we get farther and farther apart, ideologically. <sigh>

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me at all. Back in the '60's, when the Hippies left San Francisco because of the earthquake that was "forecasted," the largest majority of them headed for Boulder. Add to it that it is a college town, and you end up with a liberal mecca. I'm sure that there are some in Colorado that wish that Boulder would fall off into a big sinkhole.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem is seeing all the idiots on Falsebook making comments like, "Bring it on, Lefty!" They think it's going to be easy once it starts. Not many people actually have experience with severe trauma, even a whole lot of our veterans (no offense) didn't actually see combat. It's quite a different matter when people are bleeding out in front of you. I've never been directly "under fire" and don't want to. But I also don't want to deal with the aftermath, either.
I stay away from discussing combat for the most part, not because it bothers me, because people assume they know something they do not.
I will say that you would be surprised how little emotion goes into taking a life, during and after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom