To mask, or not to mask, THAT, is the question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jenks just passed a mandate - coupled with a 200 dollar fine.

I want to meet the cops that write those tickets. Front-line heroes, I tell you!

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, Biden is going to mandate masks nation-wide.
Mandate ? hahahahaha

That carries absolutely no legal weight. The governors will still decide and even then they really don't have much clout either. I'm a supporter of wearing masks, but I'm not a supporter of Biden "mandating" anything !

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For what it’s worth... Supposed to be the first study of mask effectiveness.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article246781727.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There is a peer review that blasts the KU study for using deceptive models to sew the comparison. By using a 7 day rolling average, it concealed the huge growth of cases in the mask mandate counties compared to no mask mandate counties. There are other flaws identified as well.

https://sentinelksmo.org/ku-researc...z0GMVA_83ouaTkAnJkN_2gXb2ySwCTaXp1M1jNxDS5LhA

I still wear a mask in crowded places though...just like I carry a gun.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a peer review that blasts the KU study for using deceptive models to sew the comparison. By using a 7 day rolling average, it concealed the huge growth of cases in the mask mandate counties compared to no mask mandate counties. There are other flaws identified as well.

https://sentinelksmo.org/ku-researc...z0GMVA_83ouaTkAnJkN_2gXb2ySwCTaXp1M1jNxDS5LhA

I always wear a mask anywhere that I am around people because I have N95 masks to protect myself from the jerks that don't have the decency to wear on out of respect for others. I don't always carry my gun because unless I expect there is a chance to get into a situation that might be dangerous, I just don't want to carry it.

I think now that the vaccine has basically been deemed successful, there will be fewer and fewer people who will wear masks because they think the danger is over. I am a senior with some health problems and I certainly feel it is my responsibility to protect myself. But when I go to the grocery store at 6:00 AM once every two weeks on "senior day"
to get the things I want to pick out myself, and some non-senior decides to come in because there is not much of a crowd, I'm kind of glad I don't have my gun because I'm afraid I might be tempted to shoot the piece of garbage !

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I remember asking another member here to look at the Oklahoma posted data after the Mandates here in Tulsa. They kept rising.....and rising. Even after 6wks? He said there wasn't enough data still. The numbers never stopped rising. his isn't to say that masks are ineffective, it's to say that people seem to forget the other aspects of protecting themselves while wearing one. Mainly because that's all anyone ever focuses on IMO.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wear a mask anywhere that I am around people because I have N95 masks to protect myself from the jerks that don't have the decency to wear on out of respect for others. I don't always carry my gun because unless I expect there is a chance to get into a situation that might be dangerous, I just don't want to carry it.

I think now that the vaccine has basically been deemed successful, there will be fewer and fewer people who will wear masks because they think the danger is over. I am a senior with some health problems and I certainly feel it is my responsibility to protect myself. But when I go to the grocery store at 6:00 AM once every two weeks on "senior day"
to get the things I want to pick out myself, and some non-senior decides to come in because there is not much of a crowd, I'm kind of glad I don't have my gun because I'm afraid I might be tempted to shoot the piece of garbage !

I hope your disposing of those masks after every trip out. If you’re not you’re just dragging the virus around with you.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember asking another member here to look at the Oklahoma posted data after the Mandates here in Tulsa. They kept rising.....and rising. Even after 6wks? He said there wasn't enough data still. The numbers never stopped rising. his isn't to say that masks are ineffective, it's to say that people seem to forget the other aspects of protecting themselves while wearing one. Mainly because that's all anyone ever focuses on IMO.

From what data has been shared in the various meetings I've been in, the positives who wore a mask were at like 24/100k vs positives who didn't wear a mask being at 27/100k . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom