To mask, or not to mask, THAT, is the question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Biden is going to fix that because he is going to invoke the Defense Production Act and force Charmin and Scott's to make billions and billions of masks. You won't be able to get toilet paper again but that won't be a problem.

You do realize that we are getting pretty much all the same stuff from China today that we were before the Chinese virus don't you ?
Yes, and a large percentage of our rx meds and vitamins were/are coming from China and India. And didn't Trump already invoke that act and that was why there was a run on tp?

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, and a large percentage of our rx meds and vitamins were/are coming from China and India. And didn't Trump already invoke that act and that was why there was a run on tp?
He invoked that act for ventilators and that's all that I know of. Not on masks that I'm aware of. Because people only feared of two things....run out of bullets and run out of toilet paper.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that is certainly not consistent with most of the data I have seen.

Which would be from where?

But if there is any chance at all of it being better with a mask, why not just do it since it is the most conservative position and certainly probably won't hurt you. Why be so obstinate about such a minor thing and avoid the issue ?

By all means . . . feel free to point out where I stated I didn't wear a mask when required to do so.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the latest data from the OSDH weekly report. A new report should be out tomorrow.

View attachment 180120

That's the data I was referring to . . . 3 more cases per 100,000 for those without mask mandates seems on the low side for folks to be freaking out and blasting Stitt on Twitter for not mandating masks. Those same folks think he's an idiot but want to give him more control over their lives.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud about how we are so predictable.
People are Sheeple, it really is that simple. They citizens have let social media form their opinions and thought processes. All the dip sticks in college now and that have graduated in the last 15 years are a product of communist brainwashing.

Just look around.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many government officials, our own Governor among them, have been criticized for not taking decisive action quicker or in a more stringent fashion. It's like damned if you do; damned if you don't. This seems to be "feel good" legislation. It will appear as if the State is doing more to protect it's subj....uh...I mean, it's citizens, when it really is just a waste of time and effort. It is not as much of an infringement though, as the recent order of the Rhode Island Governor to stop and require all occupants of vehicles entering RI with New York plates to quarantine for 14 days, or the Governor of Maine who recently issued an Executive Order that requires all people entering Maine to quarantine as well. (Why do people come to Maine in the warmer months? Duh. How about one of the major sources of revenue for the State; tourism. This required me to cancel a long-awaited vacation we had planned and paid for, as well as costing me a whole bunch of non-refundable money).

Many elected and politically appointed officials from the Mayor's of the Nation's tiniest towns to the top of both the State and Federal levels have seen fit to issue worthless "Proclamations" if you will.

If I was the Mayor of Podunk, Pop. 418, I'd require all old people to stay quarantined in an interior room of their home, and require all people to obtain a medical exam at an "approved" medical facility and to then submit a request to my office along with an administrative fee of say...$250 , made payable to Office of The Mayor, in order to get a "Local Travel Permit." This Permit, valid for 24 hours, would allow them to move about the town's limits in order to go to The Grocery Store, Pharmacy, Emergency Room, or any other location on MY Mayoral Approved Official List of essential businesses, (with the exception of going to Mayor Joe-Bob's Wine and Liquor).

The above is from another thread...but it fits here so well. Thanks druryj.

Which would be from where?
By all means . . . feel free to point out where I stated I didn't wear a mask when required to do so.

I wear a mask when required. I just don't see the usefulness of wearing a mask by yourself in the great outdoors. I also see people every day using ATM's pens, punching in their PIN at the checkout, then grabbing their bags and walking outside thinking they are so smart and community conscientious because they wore a mask.

That's the data I was referring to . . . 3 more cases per 100,000 for those without mask mandates seems on the low side for folks to be freaking out and blasting Stitt on Twitter for not mandating masks. Those same folks think he's an idiot but want to give him more control over their lives.

Precisely!

People are Sheeple, it really is that simple. They citizens have let social media form their opinions and thought processes. All the dip sticks in college now and that have graduated in the last 15 years are a product of communist brainwashing.
Just look around.
That is obvious when you talk with them.

Didn't yall all agree we'd stop talking about the rona on the third?

No, the left was going to stop because Kum bay Ya.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't understand the sceince behind the mask thing... They don't specify what masks... On all these mask boxes they tell you they don't prevent respritory infection and even COVID... It just reeks of desperation... Like throwing a hail-mary pass that's likely to get intercepted or not caught at all.

It doesn't help that politicians have been caught advocating masks and then taking them off once cameras stop rolling or outright saying masks are political theater. Which then begs the question, is this just a test to see how much control they can get out of us if people are scared?

With that said, I'll comply where I need to... My new mask should be arriving today. You'll know it's me because it has a herd of sheep on the front.

I wear a mask because I believe in the concept of source control & evidence based practice. It may not stop 100% of the droplets, but it will decrease the viral load. I also wear a mask because if I’m Covid + and asymptotic, I don’t want to unintentionally infect a vulnerable person or loved one.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear a mask when required. I just don't see the usefulness of wearing a mask by yourself in the great outdoors. I also see people every day using ATM's pens, punching in their PIN at the checkout, then grabbing their bags and walking outside thinking they are so smart and community conscientious because they wore a mask.

Yep . . . some odd behavior for sure.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear a mask because I believe in the concept of source control & evidence based practice. It may not stop 100% of the droplets, but it will decrease the viral load. I also wear a mask because if I’m Covid + and asymptotic, I don’t want to unintentionally infect a vulnerable person or loved one.

Is there any new solid info on the viral load of asymptomatic folks and related transmission of COVID?

Latest posts

Top Bottom