To pee or not to pee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2tothechest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I peed in the scrape on my way out in the morning and killed a nice 8 piont there that evening. He did not walk across the scrape or was reworking it, but he was about 5 yds from it when I shot him.

I don't believe in using human scent on purpose(hair from the barber shop). I would rather cover my scent in case the deer that comes in the day I'm hunting is not a local.

A little off topic: I was shooting my .22 pistol one day. I had already shot more than a hundred rounds on steel. I looked up and saw a doe walking by about 30 yds past the target. (loaded gun in hand, I had to fight all the rednecks skills I have aquired over the year). She never looked back at me, untill I yelled at the kids to show them. There's a pumping unit on our place that backfires alot. I assume that's why the loud bangs didn't phase her.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a pumping unit on our place that backfires alot. I assume that's why the loud bangs didn't phase her.

Got a couple in my area, and when a shot goes off around us, they don't even raise their head.
Oh BTW, the deer don't bolt when a trail cam goes off with a flash either.
They think its lightning.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh BTW, the deer don't bolt when a trail cam goes off with a flash either.
They think its lightning.

Not even when it flashes directly in their eyes.

ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o82_durantsports_guy_72_SUNP0022.jpg

ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o82_durantsports_guy_72_SUNP0023.jpg

ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o82_durantsports_guy_72_SUNP0024.jpg

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
I have been in a tree stand with deer right below me when someone shot real close and the deer didn't even flinch. Other times I have seen deer look up and spook. I think it depends on whether they were shot at or near another deer that got shot and they associated it with humans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom