Tom Selleck Winchester 1886 Restoration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My username sums up the only reaction that I can muster for that fine piece of art. It’s almost jewelry quality. I love that it’s going to be shot too.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My username sums up the only reaction that I can muster for that fine piece of art. It’s almost jewelry quality. I love that it’s going to be shot too.
Absolutely! I fully appreciate a fine watch, meticulous firearm, etc. but at the end of the day they are built for utility. I dont think I could truly appreciate the craftsmanship without being able to use and feel it function.

I think it is similar to the difference between a wine collector and a wine connoisseur, the connoisseur enjoys very fine wine and the collector sits on it until someone else comes along with enough money to enjoy it.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the big show several years ago and Turnbull Restorations had some tables there.
Nothing had a price tag, they were displaying the types of work they did on firearms.
I spoke to a guy working the display and told him I really admired their work and how nice it was.
He said thank you and gave me one of their calendars.
I later saw his picture in one of the gun magazines and realized I'd been talking to the head dude.
Standing there at the show I had no idea who he was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom