Tomahawk adapters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NVRGR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I have lived in northern NV since 1983, a South west MO farm kid in the 60s and mid 70s. Lets say I have never missed living under a tornado watch most every night of the spring, I do miss the folks that populated that area. A Go Brandon mindset.
I ran across an old thread about Tyler grips, and rather have a complaint about who ever is running the outfit now. I have had several Tyler grips over the years, and like the hades out of them.
I believe I ordered one maybe 20 years back from NV, same address as now. They delivered in a couple weeks as I
recall.
I have seen Tyler grips around so long, if the original guy was still alive, he would have to be the age of Noah. So was not surprised to see a “Tomahawk” name.
So I sent them a check, around 140 bucks, for three or four adapters for the Colt I frame. Before last Christmas, if memory serves. I didn’t figure to get them any time soon. But by mid January, I texted, left multiple phone messages, an email or two, and finally sent a snail mail letter mid Feb.
They have heard my messages, as at times, their machine is full, other times no.
Oh yeah, the ck cleared, I would have to search it again, but as typical, the week after I sent it.
Now look folks, with the whuhan virus, all bets are off. None of us are promised tomorrow, the owners ticket might well have been punched.
But it seems right too, that his survivors, might have sent me either an email, text, phone call, or carrier pigeon about their loss.
The website was still up last week or so.
I am totally aware of folks, that post negative smoke, on what ever business. I am new here, I only joined to get the skinny, from a board that I am likely not the only guy to be wondering WTH happened with my money.
For crying out loud, if he is making one adapter a week, then tell the customers that, and offer a shipping date of next year. How long does it take to send a text?
Thanks RGR in NV

NVRGR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. As said, the "vid" didn't do ANY business in the world any favors. I dont blame any one for the slowdown, but the suspects in China for that.
And it wasn't the delay that chapped my butt. I have been in the gunsmithing end for 40 plus years. To wait for reamers, barrels, special stocks, several months, is normal.
Manson reamers for example, they dont even bill my card till they ship. Most reputable places the same.
Tyler was like a lot of old time gun concerns. I used to have a table, at the old Shotgun News show, in Reno, next to the folks that made Con Trol rings and bases back in the late 80s, Great folks! They were near tears when they told me that their kids were not interested.
Might be the same with whoever started Tyler. And Tyler may be rolling in his grave.
CRIPES TOMAHAWK, Just update me! You can't have that many customers in NV!

Tyler manufacturing sucks

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi, I have lived in northern NV since 1983, a South west MO farm kid in the 60s and mid 70s. Lets say I have never missed living under a tornado watch most every night of the spring, I do miss the folks that populated that area. A Go Brandon mindset.
I ran across an old thread about Tyler grips, and rather have a complaint about who ever is running the outfit now. I have had several Tyler grips over the years, and like the hades out of them.
I believe I ordered one maybe 20 years back from NV, same address as now. They delivered in a couple weeks as I
recall.
I have seen Tyler grips around so long, if the original guy was still alive, he would have to be the age of Noah. So was not surprised to see a “Tomahawk” name.
So I sent them a check, around 140 bucks, for three or four adapters for the Colt I frame. Before last Christmas, if memory serves. I didn’t figure to get them any time soon. But by mid January, I texted, left multiple phone messages, an email or two, and finally sent a snail mail letter mid Feb.
They have heard my messages, as at times, their machine is full, other times no.
Oh yeah, the ck cleared, I would have to search it again, but as typical, the week after I sent it.
Now look folks, with the whuhan virus, all bets are off. None of us are promised tomorrow, the owners ticket might well have been punched.
But it seems right too, that his survivors, might have sent me either an email, text, phone call, or carrier pigeon about their loss.
The website was still up last week or so.
I am totally aware of folks, that post negative smoke, on what ever business. I am new here, I only joined to get the skinny, from a board that I am likely not the only guy to be wondering WTH happened with my money.
For crying out loud, if he is making one adapter a week, then tell the customers that, and offer a shipping date of next year. How long does it take to send a text?
Thanks RGR in NV
Tomahawk Grips LLC Tyler MFG. 3-8-2021 I sent in an order request with a check for $164.75 .My check was deposited into their account 3-23-2021. It has been over one year and I have not received my product or any communication from the company. Requested order status March 7, 2022 did not receive anything. Requested refund March 16, 2022. Requested refund again march 31, 2022 and ask for acknowledgment that this had been received. At this time I have not had any communication from this company. I have also noticed several other complaints on the Internet about this company regarding the same subject. Called today 5- 17-2022 phone said not taking calls can only assume did not like my text messages. I have not received a refund yet. Sending letter to that jackass and the attorney general. What a looser!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They reside in Newalla Oklahoma. Close drive. Go visit them.

Not sure that the OP is even in Oklahoma. His "location" information in his profile simply says something about "down the road a ways."

Interesting that a new OSA member would choose such a username as an insult to a company. Makes one wonder what his intentions are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom