Tomato cages?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it happened again. My 6ft tall tomato plant is not about 4 ft long because the cage could not support it. Wind last night knocked it over.

What do you guys use? I am looking for something for next year and hopefully something not expensive as I want to grow a tomato plant, bell peppers, yellow squash and zucchini.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't you just zip-tie two cages together like this...

/\
\/

Be sure to use black zip-ties because they've got UV protection in them. Good luck!!

🤔

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My tomato cages are “antiques” that my Grandfather made probably in the early 80’s, and they’re about 5 foot tall. My tomatoes have grown to be as tall as 8 feet in the past, so with that much plant growing out the top of the cage, I learned the hard way to set t post at the end of each row and run a tie wire through the cages between the t posts to hold them up. It’s worked great for me.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your planting them in a row put you a post at each end of row and run a cable at the top of post, be sure to run cable from top of post to the ground and anchor it into the ground good and get some heavy nylon cord and drop down at each plant then as plant grows tie it to the cord hanging down

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just looking at some fence panels. I am thinking of buying one, cutting a length and tying it in a circle. Using a piece of rebar as an upright.

Latest posts

Top Bottom