Tomato cages?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You heard of cage free eggs ? Our eggs as well as tomatoes are cage free. Our tomatoes and chickens enjoy near total freedom. Why would someone want to cage a tomato, lol.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
String them up to a main line stretched across two poles. Cages suck because you can’t prune the bottom properly and they inhibit air circulation

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it happened again. My 6ft tall tomato plant is not about 4 ft long because the cage could not support it. Wind last night knocked it over.

What do you guys use? I am looking for something for next year and hopefully something not expensive as I want to grow a tomato plant, bell peppers, yellow squash and zucchini.
Cedar ridge cages, I made the wife throw all the other cheap ones away when I bought these

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WC95WGT?ref=myi_title_dp
Given Ricks wealth or lack of I don't think the cedar ridge would be a top choice lol.
We used bowed 16' cattle panels ( $20 each) as seen in the 2021 garden thread. We'll be doing it again next year too.
But next year we'll do less in ground and be doing more in cut in half 55 gallon barrels and adding more weed barrier/ ground cloth.
The 6 panel or 300" one was very productive and supported a slew of veggies, and you walked right under your produce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom