Tomorrow is Turkey Day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I see, venison gets priority over fowl in the freezer. I'll agree, deer more important. Nothing wrong with a store-bought bird oven-roasted.

I'm sure somebody in Ok shot a fall-harvested Turkey Day bird with birdshot before the November 19 deadline. No taking wild turkeys for Christmas this year except with an arrow. My purist grandfather would laugh about hunting birds with a bow. He, 1908-born, thought hunting even deer with a bow was odd and that putting a scope on a deer rifle was cheating.

This dammfool ought to be summarily hanged for butchering a Savage Model 99 with a scope (a mortal sin) and not even shooting for chit at deer so close I could hit one with a paper airplane:

How could dude have so much trouble dropping puny little does right in their tracks with a scoped .300 Savage rifle at horseshoes tossing range? Somebody really needs to learn how to shoot or seriously learn how to sight in his gun.

Both grandpa and dad thought shooting deer with a 22 (rimfire) was for stupid idiots. But I digress. Ham baked with cloves and cold cuts is my family's Christmas tradition anyway.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation doesn’t give a crap about what’s convenient for people, and rightfully so. They care about animal conservation and taking care of our wildlife and land resources. While it can already be a pain, I wish that they were tougher when it comes to conservation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom