Took The Boy to the Murrah Bldg memorial today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
These stories need to be told over and over. My wife is an RN and the phone started ringing immediately. She was very pregnant with out daughter and didn’t want to take any chances.
My hats off to all the brave souls that endured that day and the days to continue.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know anyone personally in the bombing, just saw the news reports on the TV while walking through the lunchroom at work.
Our Corporate HQ is just down the street, (OG&E) and I’ve walked up to the overlook at the reflection pool, but never inside when visiting there.
My wife has on her bucket list to tour the pool and the visitors center, and I’m just not looking forward to it.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got there 45min. after it happened. I worked for OCSO, I guess I should go, but just can't seem to make myself. My Wife is and was a Nurse at the time. She worked in the ER at the University Hospital. She won't go back either. Am very glade to see that the next generation won't forget about it. Nice job.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in 3-4 grade. But I remember my dad grabbing me out of school in Colorado, he said somebody has tried to hurt grandma in Oklahoma. I remember being a pissed off boy, angry that anyone would try and hurt my grandmother. I was acting tough and fantasizing beat up the bad man that did it. My grandmother had retired out of the building, but regularly went back to visit coworkers and the credit union. When nobody could get a hold of her, my dad grabbed the family and we jumped in the van to Oklahoma. Once we hit the road, we got a hold of her, she was at home, just didn't notice the phone will watching the reports. My dad took me there at night, I recall seeing the building through the fence. All the activity, lights, and helicopters. I also rembrandt seeing the ambulances and told my dad that someday I would be one of them. Now that I'm here, working for EMSA, I struggle with the thought of going down there. I've always been an Oklahoman at heart and the bombing hurts, if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom