Took the ol' Ruger Police Service Six out today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven' fired a handgun in at least a month - life gets in the way, blah blah. I decided to get the bedroom gun out, and run a few rounds thru it.
This is one of those weapons that I can fire better double-action than I can in single-action. I don't know why, but every time I try this one in single-action, the rounds impact about 4" left. I mean, edge of target at 25'.
Two targets - the first is 5 cylinders (30 rounds), at 25'. I know the handwriting states 7yds, but the way my range is set up, it's closer to 25' when I use my bullet trap.

The flier off to the left is the first round of the second cylinder.

The next is 34 rounds - 5 cylinders, plus the leftover 4 rounds in my 100 round box of reloads.

Oddly enough, the flier up top is the first round of the second cylinder also.

These are 125 grain cast - a bit light for caliber. Out of my S&W M-14 6", they fly 826fps. I haven't chrono'd these from the 4" Ruger, but I suspect around 790-ish. I need to slow them down some, the POI should come up if I do so.

95° and 50% humidity at the time, and not a breath of wind out behind the barn. Ugh.... 15Jul17 #1.JPG 15Jul17 #2.JPG

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got more than one of the Service Six series, but this is the only 38Spl.
I like it a lot. Just a no-nonsense, no frills six-shooter.
Since I put the T-grip on it, it's easier to hold on to, and as a result, easier to shoot.
Good shooting!! I also like the T-grips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom