Tools&Targets: Sig P322 barrel leading problem has gone back to Sig’s Engineering Dept. for answers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would think that they would have replaced the barrel then tested it to see if the problems contunued. Not that hard really. Probably a bad batch of barrels as it seems to be a crap shoot if the one you get will lead up or not.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Sig needs to up the barrel by a thousandth or two to me.

However, .22lr leads up. But he should be able to get hundreds or thousands of rounds through it before that happens.

Vigilance OKC

Marksman
Reaction score
I’ve just purchased a Sig P322. I haven’t had the problem described so maybe I got lucky. I bought mine on a whim when I was transferring a gun into my FFL. (Yes, I have an issue, my gun safe isn’t large enough!). They also had the FN 502 .22 but it had a hammer and I wasn’t as interested in that. (Maybe made a mistake?)

I’ve fired mine exclusively suppressed with a sparrow so it’s gotten plenty dirty. I will say that the 20rd mag is finicky. You have to slowly load them and ensure they are all aligned or you will get FTL and FTFs. The mags run better loaded with 18 vs 20 but can still get jumbled if you’re not careful loading them. .22 casings like to cave in and that 20th round goes in tight! Ammo is also a concern. I had some old Federal premium lead nose and they just wouldn’t run. My CCI mini ran great with no issues. I even ran Federal Punch with only one FTE. I like the ability to mount a Romeo Zero (by the way Optics Planet has these for $125!). The new ones come with a metal shroud.

The one thing I don’t like is the threaded barrel adapter. You have to remove it every time you want to strip the gun to clean it. You can’t remove the barrel otherwise. I figure Sig could of engineered something better. The FN would have been better on that point. Also Sig doesn’t provide a thread protector (would a $5 thread protector be too much to ask?).

Anyway - I decent .22lr. I need to run it more and hopefully the mags and gun break in. I’ll post more after I get 1,000 rounds or so through it. Feels good in the hand. Great capacity, can be suppressed, optics ready, decent trigger, a little light but who cares on a .22. Reliability is still a question mark in my opinion but that’s true for all magazine fed rimfire in my opinion. If you’re thinking of purchasing you may want to wait for Sig to come out with a gen 2 after all the customer complaints.

Latest posts

Top Bottom