Top 5 Wild Boar Attacks 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worded my original response incorrectly. What I should have said is the AR platform with multiple follow up shots would have been the better choice. Working a bolt or a pump gun would not be as efficient in response to liberals saying the AR platform is not used for hunting.

I would rather call in arty on ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but I prefer the knock down power of a larger rifle or a good shotgun slug. I think it was #4 that seemed to be using a semi-auto if I remember correctly and it did seem to help, but I think it was a larger caliber. I am not sure the 223 round would have been a good choice on the larger hogs. I also noticed some made no attempt to prepare for a 2nd shot. Bad practice if hunting dangerous game. I have shot a couple of hogs years ago with my 303 and the first thing you do after the shot is watch your target while chambering another round.

EDIT: Just watched again and I had forgotten that #2 got off a 2nd shot too and it may have been some kind of AR. #5 only got off 1 shot and I am not sure the other 2 got off any.
An AR can be built in probably 25 caliber platforms. AR doesnt automatically mean 5.56
458 SOCOM, .50 Breowulf ...
Yeah I'll us my AR for supreme knockdown power and many semi auto rounds. Actually for a hog chargine me...
iu

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those all appear to be European, so an AR more than likely wasn’t an option. Those hunts also looked like “driven” hunts, so the boars are being purposely pushed to or past the hunters. Most folks I know over there boar hunt with 9.3x62 or 9.3x74r, and from personal experience, they aren’t undergunned. I’ve got rifles in both calibers and have killed a bunch of stuff with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom