Top 5 Wild Boar Attacks 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good 6 inch or longer barrel in 357 MAG or 44 MAG with the right ammo would be good in real tight quarters. It looked like some of the folks could not get their rifle barrel in position to make a good shot.
I would want to wear leg guards because one of those pigs gashes you on the run and hits the main artery in the leg you will definitely bleed out.

I don't have a lot of experience with wild pigs other than two times. One time with a bow that worked out well on a smaller pig, and the other time using a rifle first on a big running pig that turned and came for me. It's back legs were immobile so it wasn't that quick, so I drew my .44 mag and shot at about 30 yards. The pig turned its head at the shot and the bullet traveled into the neck and ended up in a hind quarter, he kept coming. The second shot was in the head and it was down. Not as exciting as some of these video's but I still have the bullet recovered from the hind quarter. Perfectly mushroomed

Latest posts

Top Bottom