Top Grade 22 suppressor questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAS GunWorks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you shot the Sparrow back to back against the Spectre? I've got a Spectre but have been intrigued by the design of the Sparrow.

Yes I have shot them side by side. The spectre is quieter. Quiet enough you can hear the difference.

The sparrow has a great design/idea. Depending on what you are going to pay for the spectre compared to the sparrow would determine which one I would buy.

Beercules

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you could hurt the spectre and it is all stainless.

Let there be no doubt that you can damage a stainless can with .22LR.

This is my Mite that I suffered a strike on after about 4K rounds. The can is headed back to YHM for repair. The advantage the Spectre would have (aside from performance) is that the individual baffles could be replaced versus the Mite's monolithic baffle stack.

Attachments

• SS Mite Baffle Strike.jpg
    SS Mite Baffle Strike.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 229

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There isn't much difference between a thread on can and the integrals. Some integrals don't come apart for cleaning. Most of the new ones do. I have never heard the Oasis but I have built and heard several integrals. They are very quiet on a bolt gun or a single shot. On a semi auto they sound good but nothing like a bolt gun.

My opinion differs here. My Higgins .22 integral MK3 is much more quiet than any of the .22 thread on cans I've shot next to.

We should so a side by side comparison somtime w/ your higher end cans somtime. I'm curious!

jar_e_d is

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let there be no doubt that you can damage a stainless can with .22LR.

This is my Mite that I suffered a strike on after about 4K rounds. The can is headed back to YHM for repair. The advantage the Spectre would have (aside from performance) is that the individual baffles could be replaced versus the Mite's monolithic baffle stack.

How does something like this happen? Did the baffles shift inside of the can before the shot?

Beercules

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually bad ammo or the can came unthreaded slightly and was misaligned.

Correct. I would be surprised if the suppressor backed off of the threads in this case, given my history with this setup and my propensity to check the can after every magazine or two. What did surprise me about this damage however, was that the blast baffle appears to be completely untouched as well as the baffle immediately after the damaged one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom