Top Gun Maverick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh. It was ok. Think it was way over hyped. A lot of forced scenes that could have been left out like the sailing scenes and the chic flick parts. It seemed more of a top gun remake than a sequel. Not sure how the squid ranking system is, but noticed when Tom was calling goose' kid he yelled out Lt. Bradley or whatever and he had captain bars on his shoulders. Would've liked to have seen more dog fighting and .mil tomfoolery, but that's just me. At least it wasn't too bad of a hit since we went to the matinee so it only cost $9.
Navy O-3 is a Lt. Navy O-2 is a Lt. (junior grade). Navy O-1 is an Ensign.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi speed ejection, in real life, generally carries the risk of devastating physical injuries, including some truly horrific kinds (think a human wishbone). However, the specific risk vaires by the kind of ejection seat, speed, altitude, etc. I used to fly F-15Es, many years ago, and supersonic ejection was a big time "no-no" if it could be avoided.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi speed ejection, in real life, generally carries the risk of devastating physical injuries, including some truly horrific kinds (think a human wishbone). However, the specific risk vaires by the kind of ejection seat, speed, altitude, etc. I used to fly F-15Es, many years ago, and supersonic ejection was a big time "no-no" if it could be avoided.
Hey Mugs. Long time no see. Hope and the fam are doing well

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2nd worst movie of all time right behind "The Thin Red Line".

Are you talking about the WW2 movie on Guadalcanal with Sean Penn, John Cusack and Nick Nolte? If so, I’ll have to disagree with you about that. I thought it was a good movie, if a tad overly philosophical. The action going up the hill was well done, and the emotions displayed during the stress of combat accurately portrayed. I’d even say it was better than the second half of “Saving Private Ryan” which was carried on the strength of the opening scenes on the beach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom