Top Gun Maverick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Trying to stay awake until it starts is proving difficult after a large lunch.....
20220528_142036.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK... I saw it. I loved the original. This one was just OK.

I've seen all the trailers and patiently waited for this movie. I'll say it...I was disappointed.

I know this was just a movie but some of the stuff was just over the top ridiculous. Without providing any spoilers:

1. The opening where he went on the test flight. Nope. Too silly, even for a movie.
2. Some of the one-liners carried over from the original were pretty good. Some others, while great in the original, just felt forced...like they built a scene just to use the phrase.
3. Too much chick flick content. WAY too much chick flick content. Reminded me of "Pearl Harbor"...2nd worst movie of all time right behind "The Thin Red Line". You know how you f**k up a movie about Pearl Harbor (OK...besides casting Ben Affleck in the lead)? Make it into a chick flick.
4. Expanding on #3...not enough of the flight scenes.

Having said that, most of the flight scenes were really good. Credit where due on that. Also liked the "Penny" angle since she was only mentioned in the original...but we never knew her.

So, that's it for me. I'd give it 3 (of 5) stars. It gets a solid 1.5 stars just for the scenes with Cruise's P-51.

Wife loved it. I asked her what she liked about it. She said because it was almost a chick flick. I rest my case.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1990? Wow... I thought I was doing good for going on 5 years without going to a theater.

Pfftttt....

.....I seldom ever set foot in a theater. I think the last movie I went to was one of Dinesh D'Sousa's political films, but even that was several years back. Prior to that, I last saw Passion of the Christ.

But, even those don't go back to the '90's. Any kind of regular attendance at theaters then goes back to the original Star Wars movies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom